Tech help.

Started by Nick, October 28, 2018, 14:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I have an iMac IOS and in the last week every time I play a video, YouTube/Facebook/QuickTime the audio is out of sync with the picture by about 3 seconds (starts 3 secs after the video). Can't seem to find a solution on the internet.

I have already turned it off and on.

Any help appreciated.

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pdw1

It's all the EU's fault.
As soon as we leave we will be in charge of our own technology and such problems will no longer happen. ;)
In all honesty, I haven't a clue.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

The Old Dog

Quote from: Nick on October 28, 2018, 14:44:36 pm
I have an iMac IOS and in the last week every time I play a video, YouTube/Facebook/QuickTime the audio is out of sync with the picture by about 3 seconds (starts 3 secs after the video). Can't seem to find a solution on the internet.

I have already turned it off and on.

Any help appreciated.
No idea about macs ,but it sounds like a codec is missing ,try updating your browser that should do the trick .

Slim

I don't think it's a codec problem. What I suspect might have happened is that you've tweaked a setting to alter the audio delay in your media player - some players have key controls to do this, so that you can adjust a video that has the sound a bit out of sync. You might have knocked a + or - key for example.

And if that's not the problem, it might be the solution.

Nick

Thanks guys,my 18 year old daughter fixed it. I output through a Sonos Amp then to my speakers. Looks like a recent Sonos update reset some settings on the line out, a quick tick of a box fixed everything. I had forgotten that the sound was directed this way so you guys never had enough info to begin with. Back to 11.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.