What a mess

Started by Nick, August 08, 2014, 18:48:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Sounds like we all should be pro-creating. A lot more.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Red Star

Quote from: döm on September 02, 2014, 20:50:10 pm
Sounds like we all should be pro-creating. A lot more.

Yeah baby, lets make love not war. Seems that the extremists are doing both.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

BasspedalMan

Population research. Saw a reactionary video so researched it. I'll see if I can dig out the links.
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Red Star

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 02, 2014, 19:11:15 pm
Don't know where you got that from mate, but such "fears" are unfounded and rather unsavoury myths.

It's not a myth that Muslim families have more children though is it? I thought that was common knowledge or am I wrong?

Matt2112

Quote from: Red Star on September 09, 2014, 12:35:20 pm
It's not a myth that Muslim families have more children though is it? I thought that was common knowledge or am I wrong?

Well that's pretty much moot as the original post made massively bigger claims than that.  They don't stand up to any scrutiny, however.
The keys to happiness

Red Star

But the ratio of 7-8 Muslim kids per family compared with 1-2 kids for everyone else is bound to have an impact at some stage surely?

captainkurtz

It's cos we're so great at lovemaking...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Quote from: Red Star on September 11, 2014, 09:22:21 am
But the ratio of 7-8 Muslim kids per family compared with 1-2 kids for everyone else is bound to have an impact at some stage surely?

Of course it would - if the figure wasn't bogus.  :)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on September 11, 2014, 09:32:06 am
It's cos we're so great at lovemaking...

And you can stop generalising as well.  ::)

;)
The keys to happiness

Red Star

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 11, 2014, 19:03:48 pm
Of course it would - if the figure wasn't bogus.  :)

You think it could be closer to 6 than 8 then? :D

NeilP

try about a quarter of that Chris ;)

Matt2112

Quote from: Red Star on September 12, 2014, 11:44:49 am
You think it could be closer to 6 than 8 then? :D

:)  Can't deny it.
The keys to happiness

Captain Ron

"It's because they have more kids than us...." From my perspective that is a very very old slur. Doesn't bear scrutiny either. Froim my experience there appears to be a correlation between large families and poverty regardless of ethnicity though. My gut says it's probably to do with despair and lack of education and the moments of joy that children bring to a bleak life but I confess I am conjecturing on a planet far far away from empirical. :)
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

BasspedalMan

Blunt instruments are not great tools but I do look beyond the Scare-Tactic Headlines and, having thoroughly enjoyed my multicultural youth in London I think the landscape has changed over the past forty years and not for the better. Whether you like it or not, we must not allow ANY radical religious group who would destroy us to claim our streets and demonstrate for our subjugation (and in this context 'our' means indigenous Brits of all colours and creeds) which is what happens in East London, Luton and other enclaves of hard-line Muslim culture. There is such a thing as 'Britishness' and it has every right to be defended. When I see those videos of Jihadi's on the streets in broad daylight during the week my first thought is 'why aren't they at work contributing to the society that gives them those democratic rights of free speech, healthcare, education etc...? Never has a thread title been so apt!
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

DavidL

Quote from: BasspedalMan on October 30, 2014, 11:28:35 am
Blunt instruments are not great tools but I do look beyond the Scare-Tactic Headlines and, having thoroughly enjoyed my multicultural youth in London I think the landscape has changed over the past forty years and not for the better. Whether you like it or not, we must not allow ANY radical religious group who would destroy us to claim our streets and demonstrate for our subjugation (and in this context 'our' means indigenous Brits of all colours and creeds) which is what happens in East London, Luton and other enclaves of hard-line Muslim culture. There is such a thing as 'Britishness' and it has every right to be defended. When I see those videos of Jihadi's on the streets in broad daylight during the week my first thought is 'why aren't they at work contributing to the society that gives them those democratic rights of free speech, healthcare, education etc...? Never has a thread title been so apt!
A sensible view, well expressed.