Now to sort out the Middle East  8)

There is unrest in the desert

ah feck it....
From the Land of Honest Men.

Nïckslïkk2112

There is trouble in Palm Trees
For the Shias want no Sunnilight
The Yezidi people flees

Arse: it's time for bed; Medication; the Rubber Room; I might have gone too far even for me...
Legend in my own Mind

Richard_2112

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Nïckslïkk2112

I sort of do, but only because I'm a misanthropic sociopath and don't like anybody :)

England is an England of many Englands, it's easy to find one you like. Just as Britain is a Britain of many Britains :  which is why we should welcome the sweaties wanting to remain part of it.
Legend in my own Mind

Jonners

Articles like that grip my shit. Full stop

its just an opportunity to have a whinge about certain elements of society/Britain the author does not like.

Nothing constructive is said

No solutions are offered or suggested.

And he offers no alternatives. Where is this utopia that we can all live in where there isn't an element of yobbish behaviour/bullying mentality etc? It doesn't exist, it never has and it never will, human nature dictates that there are elements out there who will be unsavoury to other elements of society and vice versa, and the strong will try to dominate the weak.

yes there are elements of 2014 Britain that I despise, but there are more that I am deeply proud of. Why do you think so many people are trying to get in!!!!!!

DavidL

Quote from: Jonners on September 24, 2014, 10:27:12 am
Articles like that grip my shit. Full stop

its just an opportunity to have a whinge about certain elements of society/Britain the author does not like.

Nothing constructive is said

No solutions are offered or suggested.

And he offers no alternatives. Where is this utopia that we can all live in where there isn't an element of yobbish behaviour/bullying mentality etc? It doesn't exist, it never has and it never will, human nature dictates that there are elements out there who will be unsavoury to other elements of society and vice versa, and the strong will try to dominate the weak.

yes there are elements of 2014 Britain that I despise, but there are more that I am deeply proud of. Why do you think so many people are trying to get in!!!!!!
Just about spot on there. Typical left-leaning navel-gazing from someone who thinks writing this sort of drivel makes him sound clever.

"The great industries had largely Scottish and Welsh accents. The second world war was a collective triumph and tragedy."

What bollocks! Perhaps you are forgetting the Nottinghamshire coalfields, the steel mills of Sheffield, The textile mills of Lancashire, the engineering industries of the Midlands etc, etc. Oh no, of course the might of industrial Britain was forged on the backs of the subjugated peoples of Wales and Scotland!! And let's not even attempt anything resembling pride in our recollections about the defeat of facism!

Our shameful 'free-market' fixation just happens to be the reason why knobs like you enjoy the standard of living that you do. Prat

Jonners

Agreed.

What an utter waste of column inches, I can only hope it never made it onto paper so that trees were sacrificed .

Maybe he would prefer living in France, where 60% of the GDP is spent on welfare, then at least there would be a massive reader base of disaffected morons who would lap up every word he said!

AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  what a bell end!!!!

Slim

Quote from: Thailand Express on September 21, 2014, 22:17:20 pm
Certainly some of the SNP's proposals were pie in the sky but at least they were available to scrutinise in the public domain for a year before the vote. Unlike Better Together's scribbled on the back of a beer mat with just days to go until an election where thousands have already postal voted plan...

Can't disagree there, should have held their nerve. Would still have won.

Slim