Who was the first TNMSer you met?

Started by zoony, July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Of all the various meet ups and times that I've spent with fellow TNMSers though, I'd have to say that the best one was EUCON at The Limelight in Crewe in 2006.

Pricey

Quote from: Japes on July 06, 2007, 16:18:11 pmThis would have been at the MSG show in New York in 2002 with a few us wearing the old TNMS t shirts that Stewart was selling at the time making it easier to 'spot' each other at the Irish bar (tyr na nog??) across the road from the arena before and after the show - I remember meeting Hazy and Ian Chapple along with Yorkie and a few others who's names escape me now.

EDIT:  Now I remember meeting 'Chief Wiggum' (that was his TNMS name anyway) as well - whatever happened to him?
... no idea , proper wanker him .
I'll try and behave . Promise

captainkurtz

Quote from: Pricey on October 22, 2019, 21:10:57 pm... no idea , proper wanker him .
I still remember my first contact with chief wiggum was a PM which I received after coming back from a Duran Duran gig, offering to burn me 'the view from the palace' dvd.

What a guy.
Anger is a gift.

Pricey

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 22, 2019, 21:29:52 pmI still remember my first contact with chief wiggum was a PM which I received after coming back from a Duran Duran gig, offering to burn me 'the view from the palace' dvd.

What a guy.
i heard he got banned a few times

zoony

Me and Pricey never really hit it off at first on TNMS, and then he sent me a Feeder cd that he'd burned. We've met a few times in recent years, and I think he's a great guy.

Blastzone

Had to think about this , but it was Muppet in the Solid Rock Glasgow...became of of my best friends , turned out we lived 8 miles apart.
Mon the Jambos

Richard_2112

Not counting folk I'd met at 2112 gigs before I joined TNMS I'm pretty certain it was Tron outside Newcastle arena on the Snakes and Arrows tour where we discussed our preferred tribute bands at the time. I remember seeing zoony and a few others at Manchester on the same tour but didn't have chance to introduce myself.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

BasspedalMan

Well, I was on the OLD OLD American based TNMS in the 1990's and I met my mate Hari on there who lives in New Jersey. Went with him in November 1996 to the Boston TFE show... Stayed with him in 1997 and 2002 for more shows out there. He is now friends with Mark 'Exiled Yorkie'??? as they live reasonably close together. The first UK/Ireland TNMS people I met were Tom G, Stewart & Bec then Japes and TRON. All at R30.
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Pricey

Quote from: zoony on October 25, 2019, 17:27:36 pmMe and Pricey never really hit it off at first on TNMS, and then he sent me a Feeder cd that he'd burned. We've met a few times in recent years, and I think he's a great guy.
Ahh big guy , I've mellowed in my latter years . 

always better to get to know folk in the flesh than typing messages . 

must agree though , I am pretty great .... 🤣

see you next year mate

zoony

Quote from: Pricey on October 29, 2019, 22:07:44 pmAhh big guy , I've mellowed in my latter years .

always better to get to know folk in the flesh than typing messages .

must agree though , I am pretty great .... 🤣

see you next year mate
Do you go to RUSHFEST mate? I am next year, got my ticket the other night.

Pudders

Quote from: zoony on October 20, 2019, 11:49:55 amI was driving mate, not enough beer to give me the confidence I guess 😁.

Not sure what to say to that! ;D

Pricey

Quote from: zoony on October 29, 2019, 22:16:54 pmDo you go to RUSHFEST mate? I am next year, got my ticket the other night.
No never been , noticed you had bought one I think the other lads already have done so , may consider it ...

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: zoony on October 22, 2019, 00:17:57 amOf all the various meet ups and times that I've spent with fellow TNMSers though, I'd have to say that the best one was EUCON at The Limelight in Crewe in 2006.
My favourite one was at the pre-gig meet at The Pilot in 2013 on my birthday! :)

pdw1

Quote from: Gary L. Grape on October 31, 2019, 09:59:56 amMy favourite one was at the pre-gig meet at The Pilot in 2013 on my birthday! :)
That was fun. I am surprised anyone can remember it. :P
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown