Who was the first TNMSer you met?

Started by zoony, July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

July 05, 2007, 15:51:09 pm #30 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 15:51:34 pm by Chris_Quartly
QuoteCQ, does Andy have his finger up ur arse or summit in that pic? :P

If he does his right arm must be about 8 foot long considering his left hand is in the foreground of the picture
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Fishy

QuoteCQ, does Andy have his finger up ur arse or summit in that pic? :P

yeah they don't call him Andy "the 8ft long armed brown fingered bastrd" Field for nothing you know... ;D
From the Land of Honest Men.

Analog RH

It was indeed 2003, it rocked

Was I pissed? How unusual.  ::)

;D

sjsbrfc

The first 2 TNMS'rs I met were VT and Roadcrew on the night of a Counterparts gig in Great Harwood.

This was closly followed minutes later by TerrBerr, Matt2112, Woody and the boys. Oh! and Nance as well.

From first to last. The peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes

Analog RH

The first 2 TNMS'rs I met were VT and Roadcrew on the night of a Counterparts gig in Great Harwood.

This was closly followed minutes later by TerrBerr, Matt2112, Woody and the boys. Oh! and Nance as well.

Mate, I think you may have met me first - at the Moon Under The Water before the R30 Manchester gig. ;)

Lyth

July 05, 2007, 16:51:15 pm #35 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 17:27:23 pm by Lyth
 :)

The person I've known on here the longest is Graeme Bell - who's on here as Progmeister (but doesn't post very much) - who I've known for 20 years since we were at Sixth-Form College together.

I've known Stewart, Andy Field, Dave Lack and Shane Counter from the 'Spirit Of Rush' fanzine days and the early Conventions starting in 1996. Top blokes all of them.

But the first person on here that I actually met after joining the site was probably Chris Quartly, who was stood at the downstairs bar with Dave Lack at the 2002 Convention in Crewe.

sjsbrfc

Mate, I think you may have met me first - at the Moon Under The Water before the R30 Manchester gig. ;)

I've tried to blank that from my memory. And now you've brought it up again. :'( :-[

Can you just let it lie.......... ;)

Alright Andy, I stand corrected.

The first TNMS'r I met was ARH.
He made such an impression on me that day that my life now evolves around beer, loud music and chatting to other like minded people on t'internet.

Happy now? ;) :)

From first to last. The peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes

Steve_Harrison

I ll always remember meeting Bez for the first time at the moon for R30, I din`t realise he was so bloody big LOL He was like a mountain ,not what I was expecting at all .Also first time I met ARH and loads of others

Reg

Well, stretching the point a little, as neither of us were tnms'ers at the time, I met Dave MP on July 17, 2002 (Toronto VT gig).

If only I'd discovered tnms in time, I could have met up with Dods, Chris and Ash out there.

I still can't believe the sheer guts and audacity of CQ going on tour with 2 complete strangers like that - still, the ongoing therapy helps I guess ;)
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

mwoody

QuoteThere was, or maybe still is a non-posting member called Steve Poole, with whom I was at school, but after that it will have been Bob/Bec on the door of Eucon 04, then at the top of the stairs I was harrassed by Tom Garrett and Woody with their collecting tins

yeah i remember saying to tom at the time...............'look at this ugly fecker heading up the stairs' ;D
/;

mwoody

i quess it would have to be wee willie after we did rush idol together at eucon 03. not a bad first choice imo.
/;

roadcrew

July 05, 2007, 18:52:59 pm #41 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 19:03:34 pm by roadcrew
After the first R30 show at Wembley, Mark my son, and Chris Lea ( Monkeybloke1 ) went to the Wembley Travelodge and I met a few people who later I found ourt were members of this site. Only name I cam remember was Mike from Manchester. I met Wullie, Kelley and Stewart in Glasgow as well.

I think the first ones after I joined TNMS would be Mick Parry and Oz before a Man Utd V Arsenal game. Not sure if I had been to Steve Harrison's by then. Memory always goes as you get older.

Good question, Rob.
I aim to grow old, bald, and fat gracefully

Dods

July 05, 2007, 20:02:53 pm #42 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 20:11:56 pm by Dods
QuoteWell, stretching the point a little, as neither of us were tnms'ers at the time, I met Dave MP on July 17, 2002 (Toronto VT gig).

If only I'd discovered tnms in time, I could have met up with Dods, Chris and Ash out there.

I still can't believe the sheer guts and audacity of CQ going on tour with 2 complete strangers like that - still, the ongoing therapy helps I guess ;)

A bloomin shame that we did not meet then mate

We took care of the young green behind the gills laddie, honest

Nïckslïkk2112

yeah i remember saying to tom at the time...............'look at this ugly fecker heading up the stairs' ;D

That's no way to have been talking about Mrs S  >:( ;)
Legend in my own Mind

Norwegian

I guess my first was Stewart in 1997 at the convention but does that count?

Dods, you are the only tnms-member I have met in Norway (atleast so you tell me ;))
"Information does not kill you" - FZ