Who was the first TNMSer you met?

Started by zoony, July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace2112

Eucon at the NEC, so a few at once!

First to speak to would have been ARH

Pudders

I think it was Andrew Haldane (Bisto) who came down to Leatherhead for a pint and an ogle at the barmaid in the local Wetherspoons, Beardy may have been with him to on that occasion as well.

mickpaz2112

It's amazing who you bump into at England Matchs.
Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Chris Quartly

July 05, 2007, 11:23:02 am #18 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:24:22 am by Chris_Quartly
Further to the post I made in the news section about how the site started.

I knew Dave Lack before the site was created, I don't think I knew anyone else beforehand.

In the early days we were mainly trying to advertise the site and get new members so when I first met them they wouldn't have been on the site at the time.

I just found this picture on my PC at work from the VT tour, this is just before the Chicago gig. Apologies if any monitors, mirrors or glass is cracked as a result ;D
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

mark_kennedy

Nice t-shirt Dods ;-)

...who was also probably the first TNMS'er I met as well as we sort of knew each other from my days in Aberdeen - also the first person I introduced myself to at the Green Man before the R30 gig.

Norwegian

First one I met was Japes, as he was doorman on Eucon04 at the time I arrived

First one I really spoke with was Jonno, he didn
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Fishy

July 05, 2007, 11:46:23 am #21 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:47:14 am by thefishy
The first Norwegian TNMSer i met was Andre.... ::) ::) ::) ;D

by the end of the night he didn't make much sense.... ;D ;D ;)
From the Land of Honest Men.

Prince By-Tor

A certain Mr ARH at a TNMS meet at the Green Man pub in Wembley in 2005. Andy, was closely followed by Oz and Bez the same day and loads of others. All were great and made me very welcome.

I can't wait for EUCON '07! :)

Micke.K

Pudders, when he picked me up at Heathrow in september '05. Later that evening Bez joined us in Leatherhead for a few pints (well, Bez was driving so no pints for him) and a nice chat :)

The next day I went to Nottingham and met TerrBerr, Stoofah, Fuzzy, Lynda & Nick Sims

After that me and Terr went to Crewe and I met quite a bunch of TNMS'ers there.....I'm afraid to mention any names, cause I'm bound to forget a few... :-/

The interesting thing is that I've never met any of the swedish, norwegian or finnish members......But I will next week, when I go to Oslo :D

AndyG

Neil P I guess as we shared a room at the R30 Wembley show. And we are also men of Wirraldale. Have bumped into a few of you guys at odd (Hip) gigs but generally feel it's best to keep away from such a shower of deaf, drunken louts. ;-)

Matt2112

July 05, 2007, 14:19:46 pm #25 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 14:23:01 pm by Matt2112
A few at once at the cracking Manchester meet-up of January last year:

ARH, Chris (Red Star), Kevin Owen, Steve Harrison (and Mrs H) and Terr. *edit* and MickW?

It was a Friday night and when I joined them I asked what time Jilly's was open until and they told me 7.00am.
The keys to happiness

Analog RH

Hard to be sure but probably one of the following: Stewart (at a Leicester Rush Convention), Vladman (on the t4e tour) or Dave Lythgoe (spilling my pint down him at a Crewe convention). There are few people on here I knew of from the SoR days (e.g. Dave Lack).

The first TNMS pissup I went to was when YYZ played at the Moses Gate in between Christmas and New Year - 2003? Not sure. I recall that my "organisational skills" were tested that evening, and I was asked to become a Mod shortly thereafter. Then I launched a fantastic coup to become an Admin and, as soon as I can ditch the other 3 tossers, I'm moving on to world domination.  ;) ;D

Chris Quartly

The first TNMS pissup I went to was when YYZ played at the Moses Gate in between Christmas and New Year - 2003? Not sure. I recall that my "organisational skills" were tested that evening, and I was asked to become a Mod shortly thereafter.

It was indeed 2003, it rocked

I went the year before or the year after too, I forget.

Some people on the site I had to meet 3 times before I even knew I'd met them as I was too pissed at those meetups!

Then I launched a fantastic coup to become an Admin and, as soon as I can ditch the other 3 tossers, I'm moving on to world domination.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Ace2112

CQ, does Andy have his finger up ur arse or summit in that pic? :P

Micke.K

QuoteCQ, does Andy have his finger up ur arse or summit in that pic? :P

Doesn't he always..? ;D