Who was the first TNMSer you met?

Started by zoony, July 04, 2007, 23:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Can you remember who the first fellow TNMSer was that you met since you've been posting on here? As we've known each other since we were kids, and as it was him who introduced me to TNMS, Ian The Holte was mine, but the first one i met who i never knew previously was Colin Brown, who me and Ian bumped into while looking for The Green Man before Wembley 1 on the R30 tour.

Tom Garrett

Stewart and Chris Q at the Limelight, Eucon 03. 8-)
They were greeting people and handing out name tags on the way in.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

TerrBerr

Eya - at the Express by Holiday Inn, NEC on Sept 11, 2004.
To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

captainkurtz

Ash - he gave me some free books (which I still haven't read, but what the hey - they were free :-))
Anger is a gift.

Tom Garrett

QuoteEya - at the Express by Holiday Inn, NEC on Sept 11, 2004.

I remember meeting you there that evening. 8-)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

TerrBerr

I remember meeting you there that evening. 8-)

I met loads of TNMSers that day, but Eya was the first.

I didn't know any other TNMSers at the time as I was a lurker. I only 'knew' Eya because I was to have stalked with her only I pulled out of the tour (and I still regret that to this day!).
To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

Lucy

July 04, 2007, 23:52:28 pm #6 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 23:56:02 pm by Lucy
Pudders (and Ash v. briefly) at a Musical Box gig
Have met a few others since...
Hopefully meeting some more in a few weeks, if I get to the Gov't Mule gig.
Cut to the chase

Red Star

July 04, 2007, 23:53:09 pm #7 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 23:53:48 pm by Chris_Newman
Peter (Roadcrew).

He and I were checking into the Kings Cross Travelodge at the same time, although we were unaware of who each other were at the time. It only became apparent when we met up at the Montague Pike later that afternoon. It was my first TNMS meet up, a Southern Softies get together.

In true Softies style, everyone went home at closing time ::) with the exception of me and Oz. We carried on drinking until the early hours before sharing a cab home. A great day and a brilliant night! 8-)
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Nïckslïkk2112

There was, or maybe still is a non-posting member called Steve Poole, with whom I was at school, but after that it will have been Bob/Bec on the door of Eucon 04, then at the top of the stairs I was harrassed by Tom Garrett and Woody with their collecting tins
Legend in my own Mind

Ben

Terrberr and ex member Stoofah at a YYZ gig in Derby 04?, then Spirit of Rich and most recently Zoony.

thats it as far as I'm aware
'some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies'

Lee2112

July 05, 2007, 00:29:30 am #10 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 00:44:12 am by Lee2112
Maria was the first TNMSer I met but we met before I joined here 'cos she told me about this site.

NeilP

July 05, 2007, 00:35:09 am #11 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 00:36:24 am by NEILP
Bouncing Bunny on the train south to Wembley 1 R30
Were were sitting in seats 21 and 12 8-)

Bez

Lynda, I think, or the Letter R at a YYZ gig at the Standard in London....other meets that night included Craig B and YYZGit. It was one of the geekiest things I'd ever done... ::)

I reckon I've met well over 200 TNMSers, some of whom I consider good mates...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

IanTheHolte

"""As we've known each other since we were kids, and as it was him who introduced me to TNMS, Ian The Holte """

It was so much better then....... ;)

Late 70's early 80's  I met a loony with a ghetto blaster !!
Yes early 80's before that man introduced me to RUSH, Rob do us a favour "turn that sh** off"   ::) ::)

"This is the spirit of radio"  why are we here now!!! Thanks Rob  ;D
never regretted it one bit

RUSH "took my little baby soul on one hell of a ride"
                                           NP   Ghost rider

Steve_Harrison

Mickparry ,he came round here begging for some rush riois LOL