The big issue

Started by Ian_Hewitson, March 19, 2006, 20:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_Hewitson

I've just read Jeremy Clarkson's magazine in today's Sunday Times where he names his best and worst cars for 2006. As usually Clarkson cannot resist launching into a tirade against environmentalists who he likens to communists in disguise. Now I don't think old Jez believes this literally but I cannot understand why he continues to argue in the face an overwhelming body of evidence that the earth's natural ecosystem is in serious trouble. To me, it is now THE big issue and it scares me to think what sort of world my children will inhabit in 40 years time. Or am I just a victim of scare mongering as Clarkson would have us believe?

Neph

Unfortunately for Clarkson his opinions became irrelevant about 3 or 4 years ago. Since then he has attempted to become more controversial as a means of appearing 'relevant'. The sad old denim clad arsehole embarrasses himself with each aditional article, fortunately most people see him for the twat he is and treat him accordingly. He is nothing more than a court jester.

stereoroid

March 19, 2006, 22:42:14 pm #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 22:54:59 pm by stereoroid
QuoteHe is nothing more than a court jester.

I got the impression, from the article, that his main beef with environmentalists has to do with their opposition to the cars he drives, and some attacks on him personally. Ken Livingstone literally blamed him for Global Warming. There are less respectable professions than Court Jester. Politician, for example.  ::)  

Neph

There are less respectable professions than Court Jester. Politician, for example.

rascal houdi

His column in the Sunday Times is very funny though..............
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Tom Garrett

QuoteHis column in the Sunday Times is very funny though..............

yes, always enjoy it. 8-)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Breesey

QuoteI drive an unleaded petrol car...

That's good, unfortuneately it's the CO2 (amongst other things) you produce when your car burns the unleaded petrol that causes the (alledged) problem, not the lead it may once have contained.  ;)

I know, pedantic  :D
Brought to you by P, F, M !

Breesey

Not when it comes to the high jester of wankdom. He really is the high priest of prickdom, a position that he fullfills quite expertly. In or 3 years times he'll be signing on at the High Wycombe dole office wondering where it all went wrong.

I couldn't agree more, and that little tosser that hangs around with him comes in a close second. If you pooled their respective 'genuine' knowledges about cars etc they'd still be able to tell you feck all of any real use. By all means have fun driving fast cars but at least look like you know more than "wow, that goes well fast, duh!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]"
Brought to you by P, F, M !