• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 26, 2019, 03:31:44 am

Set Lists thus far

Started by Neilyyz, September 16, 2012, 14:28:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ricky4001

Am I reading the Toronto setlist right - 3 drum solos?
Wembley 1988
Birmingham 1992 x2
Birmingham 2004
Manchester 2007
Dublin 2011 yay!
Birmingham 2013

Vapor Trailer

Quote from: Ricky4001 on October 18, 2012, 13:48:22 pm
Am I reading the Toronto setlist right - 3 drum solos?

Yep. The two attached to the songs are mini-solos and just an extension of the song. There's a shorter than normal drum solo in its own little section in the second set. Nicer than one huge solo imo.
I wish I could live it all again.

captainkurtz

Drum solos definitely better from having been split up - the main so is really very good also.
Anger is a gift.

Jonners

Any geeks out there worked out what set lists we will be getting in the UK next year yet?
The new songs are an abomination

BasspedalMan

We won't know until they hit the stage in Manchester will we? All I know is that the two shows I am seeing already would both have the same bloody setlists so I am planning a Manc. or Brum invasion now. Probably Manc. as I prefer it to Brum....
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Jonners

Something is simmering in the background for the Brum gig, could be something dangerous brewing......
The new songs are an abomination

captainkurtz

Quote from: BaldiePete on October 17, 2012, 23:31:38 pm
I seem to remember reading that Neil was embarrassed by the lyrics so there's no chance of it ever being played again.

Ddin't stop them playing Nobody's Hero over thwe course of a few tours

'I knew he was different in his sexuality......'

:P :o

Anger is a gift.

Lyth

Quote from: Captain Ron on October 17, 2012, 22:37:51 pm
For me the song changes for the second night in Toronto gave the whole experience a lot more emotional intensity but it's nice having MORE material by going to more gigs than getting the same setlist every night. This is a very good thing in my books and great sensitivity to the fact that a lot of their fans tend to do more than one gig. Makes me wonder how they are going to handle the dvd/bluray release. Maybe they could do a setlist picker option and have you pick your set from the available songs for the tour. :)


:)

Cheers for that Ron.

If they stick to these setlists, it'll be the first set at both of the shows that I'm going to. At first, I was a bit miffed about this.

However, I've seen youtube footage of them doing both The Body Electric and Middletown Dreams and, as much as I love MD, TBE seemed to work better as a live song.

It's a shame that they just can't do them both each night though and alternate Bravado and The Pass.


Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Lyth on October 18, 2012, 16:40:37 pm
:)

Cheers for that Ron.

If they stick to these setlists, it'll be the first set at both of the shows that I'm going to. At first, I was a bit miffed about this.

However, I've seen youtube footage of them doing both The Body Electric and Middletown Dreams and, as much as I love MD, TBE seemed to work better as a live song.

It's a shame that they just can't do them both each night though and alternate Bravado and The Pass.

I  only saw the Sunday show in Tronno, but I am mightily glad to get the setlist I did :)
Legend in my own Mind


Fishy

Quote from: Jonners on October 18, 2012, 14:46:28 pm
Any geeks out there worked out what set lists we will be getting in the UK next year yet?


Can someone with influence tell them to incorporate  Kid Gloves
From the Land of Honest Men.

colinbrown69

Quote from: Jonners on October 18, 2012, 15:21:42 pm
Something is simmering in the background for the Brum gig, could be something dangerous brewing......


Ahhhh, Tom is doing Brum then?

cheers, Colin
green man...................wembley 8th sep
prem lodge...................n.e.c 11th sept
moon under water.........m.e.n 12 sept
solid rock.....................s.e.c.c 14th sept

Suddenly - You were gone from all the lives you left your mark upon
I remember - How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
Ian

BaldiePete

Limelight was played in place of TBE at Buffalo. They're starting to listen to me  ::)

captainkurtz

Love TBE but would prefer Limelight.
Anger is a gift.

BaldiePete

TBE is the worst track on GuP. I would much have preferred Kid Gloves.

döm

As much as i love limeight, it has been played at every concert i've seen so at this stage i think i'd rather hear TBE.  I really don't think there is a weak track on GUP and I'd  love to hear Kid Gloves live too as well.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!