• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

What Are You Doing While Posting On TNMS - 35

Started by Dixkot, December 17, 2011, 11:57:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Andrew_Haldane

Downloading probably the best ROIO I've ever heard...Little Feat Live at Ultrasonic Studios on 1974-09-19 (September 19, 1974) Hope it works

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

Andrew_Haldane

Wondering what the he'll I am doing in this tedious, mind crushingly boring, soul destroying, ill fitting, dead end job at my age.....not that I'm complaining ::)

Gary L. Grape


Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Gary L. Grape on March 14, 2014, 06:50:35 am
I need coffee, so I'm going to get some


A sounds like a plan.....go for it Gary!

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: Bisto on March 14, 2014, 06:53:15 amA sounds like a plan.....go for it Gary!

I went for it...I even had two mugs ;)

Andrew_Haldane


Gary L. Grape

Much better, thank you. I think it was all because of the stress at work.

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Gary L. Grape on March 14, 2014, 08:09:08 am
Much better, thank you. I think it was all because of the stress at work.


Glad to hear you feel better.

Work = Stress.... life should be about more than waiting for a relative to die so you can inherit, retirement or pining your hopes on a lottery win.....or is that just me?

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bisto on March 14, 2014, 08:27:58 am
life should be about more than waiting for a relative to die so you can inherit, retirement or pining your hopes on a lottery win.....or is that just me?

Nah, that's what life's about. Shame the owd folk aren't that Rich, that retirement's 17  years away and I don't do the lottery...
Legend in my own Mind


Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 14, 2014, 21:47:36 pm
Nah, that's what life's about. Shame the owd folk aren't that Rich, that retirement's 17  years away and I don't do the lottery...


We are going to inherit a bit (assuming we don't croak before the MIL does) but that could quite easily be another 10 years away, by which time I would be 62  :o  We are planning on paying off the mortgage early, downsizing, simplifying and working less. It would be nice if the kids had all become a bit more independent by the time that happens.  :-X

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bisto on March 14, 2014, 22:09:23 pm
We are going to inherit a bit (assuming we don't croak before the MIL does) but that could quite easily be another 10 years away, by which time I would be 62  :o  We are planning on paying off the mortgage early, downsizing, simplifying and working less. It would be nice if the kids had all become a bit more independent by the time that happens.  :-X

I paid off a big chunk of my mortgage after the first time I was made redundant. Which made it easier to take up a lower paid job after the next time I was made redundant. Can't face another 17 years working though. Mrs S needs to pull her finger out and get a better job. I'd happily be a house husband, I'll happily cook and clean as long as she does the ironing.
Legend in my own Mind


Andrew_Haldane

The couple of quid a week spent on a lottery ticket isn't missed and provides a bit of fun and slither of hope. Somebody has to win....It could be you!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bisto on March 15, 2014, 06:03:51 am
The couple of quid a week spent on a lottery ticket isn't missed and provides a bit of fun and slither of hope. Somebody has to win....It could be you!

I've studied probability. Odds are it won't be. You're better off scrimping and saving.
Legend in my own Mind


Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 15, 2014, 12:05:46 pm
I've studied probability. Odds are it won't be. You're better off scrimping and saving.


For 2 quid a week it's a risk I'm willing to take....half a pint of beer darn sarf