Author Topic: Chris Cornell RIP  (Read 526 times)

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
Re: Chris Cornell RIP
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
Oh feck!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
Sad news. Sounds like he was highly thought of.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 14:16:23 PM »
Indeed big man, troubled obviously but musically and personally very well liked
The new songs are an abomination

pdw1

• TNMS Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 18:22:43 PM »
CHRIS CORNELL's Family Disputes Suicide Ruling

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chris-cornells-family-disputes-suicide-ruling/

It seems very quick to come to a conclusion.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

• TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »
A couple of great tributes from last night's Rock on The Range festival where Soundgarden were meant to be headlining:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stone-sour-live-members-pay-tribute-to-chris-cornell-at-rock-on-the-range-festival-video/
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Analog RH

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • Hail Satan!
    • andrewfield.net
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 16:17:34 PM »
The outpouring of grief among my younger friends on Facebook has been quite remarkable. Cornell clearly meant more to them than Lemmy, Bowie and Prince put together.

Gotta be honest, Cornell's passing didn't have much of an emotional impact on me, outside of it being a shocking event and sad. There is something eerie about watching the videos of him on stage a mere hour or so before he took his own life. Back in the late 80s / early 90s I worshiped the ground Soundgarden walked on in the studio - I played Louder Than Love, Badmotorfinger (and the amazing B sides to the singles) and Superunknown to death back then. I lost interest with Down On The Upside and didn't rate Cornell's solo work. I think I played King Animal once and shelved it. I was also unlucky in that each time i saw Soundgarden live their performance was marred by terrible sound, so stopped going to see them in the end. I hadn't listened to them in years, and was no longer invested. Unlike Lemmy, where I was listening to Motorhead up until and actually on the day he died.

As is often the way when a rock star dies, I've been playing their stuff (specifically Superunknown) again today. Shame it took a death for me to revisit it. Also inevitable that when I walked into HMV earlier today the Soundgarden discography was on display at the front of the store.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 16:19:42 PM by Analog RH »

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 16:16:03 PM »
Still gutted.

Some horrible conspiracy stories floating around.

I'm slightly uncomfortable about his Wife using his facebook page to illustrate how much Chris loved her.  She's in PR, apparently.
Anger is a gift.

Thenop

• TNMS Member
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 17:50:10 PM »
I think she in more in shock and perhaps even denial than PR. It does raise eyebrows when people issue statements on cause of death when not all facts are known.
But I do agree that the more you ready, the stranger it gets.

How come no one helped him? "we thought he behaved strange", "he looked high and out of character". Well, why didn't you intervene then?  :-\ All of these so-called long time manager types. Sounds to me they are sad they lost their prize bull.
Arrogance Is Bliss

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
The cynic in me says his wife would dispute any suicide ruling as any life insurance payout would likely be nullified.
As others have said if so many people thought he was "not himself" that night then why did nobody closer to him, or in band management keep a closer eye on him.......all in all very sad......