Author Topic: 2112 40th Edition  (Read 2152 times)

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
Re: 2112 40th Edition
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 05:35:43 AM »
Apologies for not including the Amazon link, I only checked this thread again this afternoon.

In all my years of buying records/CDs I don't remember an item reducing in price quite so quickly & dramatically. To be honest it was way overpriced to begin with but I feel a bit gutted for anyone who shelled out full price pre-Xmas.
If the record company had priced it a little more sensibly to start with they probably would have sold more copies & at the same time avoided the possibility of (now) really annoying those early purchasers.

No problem ☺

Agree 100% I'm guessing the justification would be that the high initial cost probably reflected the relatively high cost of producing what was probably a limited initial run in some formats. A Rush fan and his money are soon parted it seems.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
Re: 2112 40th Edition
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 09:29:06 AM »
Quite astute.

Get the blinkered fanbois and completists early doors who would pay good money for one of Alex's discarded toffee wrappers (a fool and his money are easily parted)

Then, a second tranche of sales to those of us with a modicum of sense who probably only own one (possible two if you have vinyl) copy of 2112, but are curious about the remix and the extras

On a more positive note, the extras are very good. I love the cover versions, especially Wilson and Alice in Chains
The new songs are an abomination