Author Topic: Neil Peart Drum Clinic from 1992  (Read 339 times)

The Letter R

• TNMS Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Neil Peart Drum Clinic from 1992
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »

May be of interest to a few people - rare footage has reached YouTube of one of only 2 drum clinics Neil Peart has ever done - this is from 1992 at Irvine Plaza California - not watched it all myself yet - some of you may have done - for those that haven't seen this enjoy! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNfDggYVlw

Thenop

• TNMS Member
Re: Neil Peart Drum Clinic from 1992
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 18:16:43 PM »
Nice! Thanks!
Arrogance Is Bliss

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 21:51:38 PM »
Interesting to see that he was once quite a personable guy, shame he turned into a massive douchebag
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 23:19:28 PM »
He gabbles like a loon

Thailand Express

• TNMS Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 22:09:48 PM »
No wonder his arms are f**ked!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 18:31:58 PM »
It is impressive to see just how busy he is on, what appear to be, fairly 'straightforward' compositions.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »
Fascinating to see and though I've only watched a few short excerpts I thought he was pretty articulate. He does talk a lot, possibly nerves but he keeps it interesting. They seem to have picked a pretty poor location for a drum clinic though, I must say.

Thenop

• TNMS Member
« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:21:15 »
Looks like this is not a one off clinic specially put together, rather a clinic on the stage Rush are playing that night. Indeed far from ideal for any clinic. You would want something more intimate.
But is is really interesting. He likes to talk yes, then again, he has a lot to say on the subject. I have never been a fan of his writing but when he does something he is actually capable of (drumming) and explains how he does certain things (not techniques, there are others better equipped to explain that), like how he approaches a composition and why he plays a part a certain way, I am all ears. He is one of those drummers that can tell a "story" with his playing and I like that.
Arrogance Is Bliss