Author Topic: Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80  (Read 33689 times)

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
Re: Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2018, 04:25:11 AM »
And, of course, we know the main driver for low wage growth.

Ooh, I know this one,....its the ever higher demands for greater productivity made by Directors and bean counters at the behest of shareholders, fund managers, stakeholders etc. looking to top up their no doubt already corpulent offshore retirement funds on the backs of already demoralized, unsupported and undervalued staff, increasingly dependent on working anything up to another 20-30 hours per week of underpaid overtime in order to make ends meet whilst suffering the constant low level straffing of brand dimishment, corporate takeover, government intransigence and interference, assest stripping, decapitalizing, financial restructuring, managerial reorganizing, Rationalizations, management thuggery and not forgetting the insistance, as if your very life depended on it, on staff reading every tedious email, and finding your self  trying not to gibber hysterically/vomit/self combust at every farcical, smug, self congratulatory company success sharing story or state of the company address....and perhaps most importantly of all;  the need to genuflect and be ever so thankfull and humble whilst completing the interminable and utterly pointless, time wasting, arse covering, box ticking lists, exercises and processes that are checked, collected, collated and offered up as a sacrifice to the god of productivity.....not forgetting the need to keep a constant self vigilence and an eye in the back of your head in case a once loyal colleague fecks you over and grasses you up for making a minor clerical error or taking a few minutes too long on your 20 minute lunch break. Meanwhile dispicable, misshapen, Dickensian caricutures passing for Local Union Reps sell out the workers in a never ending series of hidden, grubby backroom deals while the threat of imminent mass redundancies hangs heavy in the air like a corpses fart.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:30:25 AM by Bisto »
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #796 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:56 AM »

Ooh, I know this one,....its the ever higher demands for greater productivity made by Directors and bean counters at the behest of shareholders, fund managers, stakeholders etc. looking to top up their no doubt already corpulent offshore retirement funds on the backs of already demoralized, unsupported and undervalued staff, increasingly dependent on working anything up to another 20-30 hours per week of underpaid overtime in order to make ends meet whilst suffering the constant low level straffing of brand dimishment, corporate takeover, government intransigence and interference, assest stripping, decapitalizing, financial restructuring, managerial reorganizing, Rationalizations, management thuggery and not forgetting the insistance, as if your very life depended on it, on staff reading every tedious email, and finding your self  trying not to gibber hysterically/vomit/self combust at every farcical, smug, self congratulatory company success sharing story or state of the company address....and perhaps most importantly of all;  the need to genuflect and be ever so thankfull and humble whilst completing the interminable and utterly pointless, time wasting, arse covering, box ticking lists, exercises and processes that are checked, collected, collated and offered up as a sacrifice to the god of productivity.....not forgetting the need to keep a constant self vigilence and an eye in the back of your head in case a once loyal colleague fecks you over and grasses you up for making a minor clerical error or taking a few minutes too long on your 20 minute lunch break. Meanwhile dispicable, misshapen, Dickensian caricutures passing for Local Union Reps sell out the workers in a never ending series of hidden, grubby backroom deals while the threat of imminent mass redundancies hangs heavy in the air like a corpses fart.
Not really. Low wages are linked to low productivity. IMO mostly because of incompetent management. The other low wage driver is an oversupply of cheap labour.
Sounds like you may be unhappy in your job, perhaps it's time to move on.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #797 on: February 09, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
I understand standard fiscal policy. Abnormally low interest rates is the sign of a broken economy. Good news that the economy is showing signs of recovery. Might help with huge levels of debt fuelled by 'free money' too.
And, of course, we know the main driver for low wage growth.

That may be one interpretation, but the global stock markets don't seem to agree with you....Dow fallen another 4% overnight....

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #798 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »
That may be one interpretation, but the global stock markets don't seem to agree with you....Dow fallen another 4% overnight....
Two things: Stock markets have been on a run for months, there is always a market correction after such conditions. Also the possibility of increasing interest rates in the US helps to drive markets down on the assumption that investors will place their money in  less volatile investments. In other words, perfectly natural market behaviour.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #799 on: February 09, 2018, 21:48:01 PM »
Pulling a hair from my ear, the length of which I could headbang with.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #800 on: February 09, 2018, 23:10:45 PM »
Pulling a hair from my ear, the length of which I could headbang with.
;D

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #801 on: February 10, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
Our team won a general knowledge quiz last night. Very nice carvery buffet as well.

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #802 on: February 10, 2018, 14:39:19 PM »
Our team won a general knowledge quiz last night. Very nice carvery buffet as well.
Sounds like your ideal night out Rob  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #803 on: February 13, 2018, 04:21:25 AM »
Sounds like your ideal night out Rob  ;)

Yes mate 😁.

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #804 on: February 19, 2018, 21:04:53 PM »
I got engaged at the weekend...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #805 on: February 19, 2018, 21:06:28 PM »
Congratulations!

pdw1

• TNMS Member
« Reply #806 on: February 19, 2018, 21:20:38 PM »

Brilliant! Congratulations  :D
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #807 on: February 19, 2018, 21:24:16 PM »
Great stuff Richard, chuffed for you pal. :)
HYFTOUR30

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #808 on: February 21, 2018, 14:04:27 PM »
The weekend starts today for me :)
Being as Mrs S is off work for half-term, I thought I'd have  a few days off and she's spending all day at her mother's. Result :)
Legend in my own Mind

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
« Reply #809 on: March 03, 2018, 21:39:11 PM »
Paul Chowdhry gig tomorrow postponed so I get to make the Temperance Movement gig after all...
Anger is a gift.