Author Topic: Amazing Sim only deal for existing BT broadband customers  (Read 352 times)

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
Amazing Sim only deal for existing BT broadband customers
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »
Ive been a fairly loyal user of Hutchinson3G or '3' over the years but my circumstances have changed recently and as my contract expires in 38 days time (and Im eligible for an upgrade) I decided to see what the best/most suitable Sim only deal is elsewhere.....and I just thought I would share this in case a few of you were interested.

I found this one on the USwitch website;...

BT (EE) 15gb data AUCE Minutes and Texts for £16 a month...this includes a £5 a month discount for being an existing BT Broadband subscriber. It also comes with 12 months of BT Sport (including ESPN) and a £60 Amazon or itunes card.....to make what is already an incredible deal even cheaper...I used the retail link through TopCashBackPlus to get (an eventual) £50 cashback payout (after a qualifying period)
So, in effect I got 15gb data and AUCE minutes and Texts, plus BT Sports for a year at the net equivalent of...£6.83 a month! 😱 Get in! 😎
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 13:04:10 PM by Bisto »
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Re: Amazing Sim only deal for existing BT broadband customers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 13:00:07 PM »
Seems like quite a good deal mate  8)

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 13:10:22 PM »
The best that 3  could do was £20 a month for AUCE Data (I never go above 6gb a month) and texts and 600 minutes plus some non specific "incredible discount deals and vouchers available only to"valued and loyal customers" such as myself. Yeah, right! Just show me the money!! :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 13:12:08 PM by Bisto »
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 19:42:31 PM »
I have a 1GB data-only deal from Orange, costing £5 a month. I have a work-provided mobile with free calls, but like to keep personal data usage separate from that.

Had it for about 4 years I think, but I can't see a better deal (cheaper or more data).  Would be nice to have calls on there as well, but I could run an Internet telephony app on it with a service like Voipfone.

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 18:59:26 PM »
Just switched to a sim only deal with my existing provider EE. £10.99 unlimited calls and texts and 4gb data. Importantly though the data can be used in Europe - some deals are cheaper/more data but then the data package is limited to 500mb when used abroad but mine is inclusive of the 4gb.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 16:37:45 PM »
Just switched to a sim only deal with my existing provider EE. £10.99 unlimited calls and texts and 4gb data. Importantly though the data can be used in Europe - some deals are cheaper/more data but then the data package is limited to 500mb when used abroad but mine is inclusive of the 4gb.

Cheers Chris, will check out the details on that...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 17:33:54 PM »
Cheers Chris, will check out the details on that...

Missed the bit that said existing contract...

Managed to get my own deal with "3" changed to 4Gig of data, unlimited calls & texts for £12....only a quid more than I was paying before for 1Gig, 600 mins & 600 texts...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »
aye, I moved to Three is Jan, deal was 30Gb data, 600 mins and free texts - 12month contract at £14 p/m as a hot deal in a city centre store... pleased so far