• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

RUSHED @ Buckley Tivoli, Saturday, April 18

Started by Reg, March 02, 2020, 21:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

March 02, 2020, 21:57:12 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 21:59:13 PM by Reg
Picked up my ticket today  8)
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

And finally here we are!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Got to see them at the Swinging Arm in Birkenhead last night, superb almost 3 hour set with the most interesting setlist I've ever witnessed from a Rush tribute band 👌
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

QuoteGot to see them at the Swinging Arm in Birkenhead last night, superb almost 3 hour set with the most interesting setlist I've ever witnessed from a Rush tribute band 👌
Indeed. The latest song they played at the Tiv was The Pass. So nothing from 90's or onwards. Fine with me!

October 27, 2021, 22:38:42 PM #4 Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 20:46:36 PM by Bisto
QuoteIndeed. The latest song they played at the Tiv was The Pass. So nothing from 90's or onwards. Fine with me!

I hear ya!

How odd to think that Rush themselves were more financially successful in the last ⅔rds of their career than in their formative years and creative peak....it's not that I begrudge them their success, I just can't help thinking that it came at the wrong time in terms of garnering reward for their astounding creativity up to HYF...but, I guess most of it was due to marketing and world tours rather than post HYF album sales.
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

QuoteI guess most of it was due to marketing and world tours rather than post HYF album sales.
....aided by silly old buggers with a lot of disposable income  ;D