• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

and officiating games without VAR, of course. And leather balls, shirts without sponsor brands all over them, no yellow or red cards, goal-line technology..

October 18, 2021, 18:15:48 PM #1351 Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 18:50:19 PM by Matt2112
And "Re-election".  :-[ :-\
The keys to happiness

Only the FA cup  final live on tv. Reasonable ticket prices.   Heavy cut up pitches from November to March.  Jumpers for goalposts.  Pros and cons I suppose.  
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

QuoteSo was two points for a win and 'keepers legally picking up back-passes mate, until it wasn't. :)

Rule changes and principles mate. Totally different things.

QuoteRule changes and principles mate. Totally different things.

They come under the same umbrella as the game evolving with the times as far as I'm concerned mate.
The keys to happiness

Surely the criteria to perform ANY job should be whether an individual is qualified and able to perform the role to the standard required rather than whether they have testicles or not?! 

In this case;...are they fit enough to keep up with play, can they read the game, do they understand the rules, can they apply them fairly and impartially and allow the game to flow whilst still maintaining discipline? Have they got the nerve to ignore the crowd and stand up to anyone challenging their authority? As long as they can do those things what difference does it make?
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

Hilarious seeing Man U fans streaming out of Old Trafford shortly into the second half today - presumably they had flexible tickets back to Euston. :D
The keys to happiness

Well - Manchester is a World City, after all. It belongs to everyone, not just the Mancunians.

I must say though there's something to be said for supporting a club from your own region. I've been pondering that recently.

Rumours that United have a "verbal agreement" with Brendan Rogers:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1517770/Manchester-United-news-Brendan-Rodgers-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer

Ironically David Moyes might well be near the top of their list right now if he hadn't already had a go. And who knows? Perhaps a second suck of the sauce bottle isn't out of the question.

QuoteRumours that United have a "verbal agreement" with Brendan Rogers:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1517770/Manchester-United-news-Brendan-Rodgers-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer

Ironically David Moyes might well be near the top of their list right now if he hadn't already had a go. And who knows? Perhaps a second suck of the sauce bottle isn't out of the question.
It's weird that in all likelihood Conte would be United's manager now if Ole had lost to Nuno.  Rogers feels like a step down from the Italian.
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

Looks like Ole's chips are up, a tipping point seems to have been reached with the owners discussing his future.

Actually just had a look and the BBC is reporting that he's "set to leave the club". Who next?

Just watched the Villareal vs United highlights on the BT Sport YouTube channel. The pitch looks like a Subbuteo cloth, unreal.

I thought Richarlison was very unlucky to have two goals disallowed for very marginal offside decisions. I reckon if you have two goals go in and they're both only just offside, you should get one of them. Maybe a change to the rules is needed.

A player shall not have a second goal disallowed due to the intervention of VAR for a marginal infringement where a previous goal attempt by the same player has been disallowed for an infringement of a similarly minor nature

Will email FIFA tomorrow.