Author Topic: Brexit watch  (Read 17474 times)

döm

• TNMS Member
Re: Brexit watch
« Reply #1185 on: July 05, 2017, 23:24:13 PM »
Does anyone really blame immigrants for all the woes in society? It's our leaders who got us into this mess, not immigrants. They just want a better life, unfortunately our politicians continue to promise it for them, here in Europe.

Bill Gates seems to get it:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/bill-gates-cautions-europe-on-its-open-door-immigration-policy/news-story/69aa93741619820a5e13093ba9c7294e

You're just playing with words there. Although some may not directly blame immigrants themselves, immigration takes the blame for dropping wage growth, the housing and NHS  crisis, etc, etc when in reality its poor planning and mismanagement by Government.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1186 on: July 05, 2017, 23:43:41 PM »

You're just playing with words there. Although some may not directly blame immigrants themselves, immigration takes the blame for dropping wage growth, the housing and NHS  crisis, etc, etc when in reality its poor planning and mismanagement by Government.
I'm not playing with words, you're using incorrect ones. There's a clear difference between blaming immigrants and blaming immigration but that is often 'played with' by the left to falsely accuse many of racism.
If, as you say, certain issues have nothing to do with our politicians' ridiculously relaxed approach to unfettered immigration it follows that we must be prepared to build up our public services, infrastructure, housing etc to a level that we simply cannot afford, to accommodate millions from Africa. As Mr Gates points out, that approach is unsustainable and could possibly result in the breakdown of society as we know it.
You live in a fantasy world. I suppose part of your solution could be to seize most of Bill's assets to help fund this nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:08:07 AM by DavidL »

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #1187 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »
June 2016 is a very different picture to today's economy, we have seen investment drop in the auto industry, a huge increase in the price of goods a weak pound and a weak government. Would we vote for Brexit in July 17 with what we know now? No rational person would.

Silly rhetoric, many would, I certainly would. We haven't even left the EU yet.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1188 on: July 06, 2017, 11:02:40 AM »
Whose liberty? It's all a charade

The liberty of the British People. The question of who governs us is one many have given their lives for; it's not a "charade".

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #1189 on: July 06, 2017, 13:46:06 PM »
Playing Devil's advocate here but at what point, if any, would you abandon your principles, take a more pragmatic approach and vote to remain in a second referendum? Or would you be playing in the string quartet as the Titanic is pulled under the icy waters?
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #1190 on: July 06, 2017, 14:19:22 PM »
There are plenty of European countries not in the EU. Are they all doing shit? I don't think so.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #1191 on: July 06, 2017, 20:46:44 PM »
There are plenty of European countries not in the EU. Are they all doing shit? I don't think so.
Well , 4 countries really, Norway, Switzerland,Iceland and Liechtenstein. Are they doing shit? i don't know but a couple at least are tax havens and the other two rely on fish.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1192 on: July 06, 2017, 21:46:00 PM »
Well , 4 countries really, Norway, Switzerland,Iceland and Liechtenstein. Are they doing shit? i don't know but a couple at least are tax havens and the other two rely on fish.
As can we once we're free from the EU. It's a Win, Win, Win situation :)

I don't see how anyone can countenance being a part of the EU until it's final aims are revealed. What is ever closer union? Where the heck does it end? What will it really mean? What does it mean?

These days even Jean-Claude Drunkard doesn't see the point of the EU Parliament.

But of course the EU has just reached a Free Trade deal with Japan, we are so doomed. Well, the Biased Broadcasting Corporation announce it as such, but in reality it is an outline agreement, featuring "in principle" deals, which could take 15 years to sort out. Probably longer if some corner of Belgium where all the people have bicycle pumps stock up their arses decide that they don't agree with it...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 22:04:55 PM by Nïckslïkk2112 »
Legend in my own Mind

döm

• TNMS Member

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1194 on: July 06, 2017, 22:55:25 PM »
Playing Devil's advocate here but at what point, if any, would you abandon your principles, take a more pragmatic approach and vote to remain in a second referendum? Or would you be playing in the string quartet as the Titanic is pulled under the icy waters?

I think I'd want to see some indication that the SS Britannia is in danger of colliding with an iceberg, before thinking about that one. At the moment all I can see is people who accept democracy only when it suits them trying to have their own way after they've lost the argument and the referendum.

Moving Target

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1195 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:35 AM »
Does anyone really blame immigrants for all the woes in society?

A lot of less educated white people do. Perhaps you only know the educated ones!

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #1196 on: July 17, 2017, 11:27:54 AM »

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1197 on: July 17, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
I would say that recent interventions by prominent Remoaners, including I must admit senior figures in the Conservative Party, have undermined the UK's position somewhat.

It is long past time for these people to accept that we're leaving the EU and get behind their country. It is they who will be to blame if we fail to arrive at a less-than-optimal outcome.

Nonetheless I'm satisfied that whatever deal we arrive at will be a more positive outcome than remaining in the EU.

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #1198 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
This Govt will be to blame if Brexit is a car crash, they'll try to blame the EU but the public won't buy it

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1199 on: July 17, 2017, 13:07:44 PM »
I would say that recent interventions by prominent Remoaners, including I must admit senior figures in the Conservative Party, have undermined the UK's position somewhat.

It is long past time for these people to accept that we're leaving the EU and get behind their country. It is they who will be to blame if we fail to arrive at a less-than-optimal outcome.

Nonetheless I'm satisfied that whatever deal we arrive at will be a more positive outcome than remaining in the EU.
So the people who wanted nothing to do with leaving will be to blame if it doesn't go to plan. 

I can imagine the wrexiteers accepting this if the reverse had been true.