• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Dexter: New Blood

Started by Slim, November 10, 2021, 23:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 10, 2021, 23:28:31 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 23:38:39 PM by Slim
So: Dexter returned, and I've just watched the first of the new series.

Dexter jumped the shark in a big way over the last couple of series, and the basic premise of the show is lost now. Having faked his own death, Dexter no longer works as a forensic expert. He works in a shop, under an assumed name. That's a shame because I loved that idea; the blood splatter analyst who carefully analyses the guilt of his victims, sometimes puts the police force he works for off the scent so he can act first, and knows exactly how to cover his tracks.

But - he's still a psychopath, still carries his dark passenger.

This first episode gets off to a slow start, but it becomes quite tense - I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It's actually pretty powerful. Happy to see Dexter back.

I was amused when one of the characters mentioned that he had a nice Christmas bonus at Morgan Stanley. I had one of those, once or twice.

I watched most of episode 1 last night, and so far so good.

I liked the slow start, building some new characters and a story, I havent got to the tension part yet, but I can sense it building already.

I loved Dexter as a series, as Slimmers said the last series and specifically the ending were poor, but this has potential I think.

Quite a fan or the police chief as well, in case anyone was wondering when I was going to mention the eye candy
The new songs are an abomination

3 eps  in and thoroughly enjoying it I have to say...
From the Land of Honest Men.

I haven't seen 2 or 3 yet, must catch up at the weekend.

2 episodes in now, and I am enjoying it. picked up pace, stuff with the girl in the locked room is very creepy.

Why does Dexter have an outdoor fire pit the size of a car by the way? apart from hiding a body and a gun, does it just heat up the woodland area?

So who do we think is the creepy guy then....

Also I miss the opening titles.. they were great...

I really hope its someone utterly random and unexpected, would be dull if its the rich oil guy

Ep4 .. why did the police not call in that blood splatter bloke to check out the school incident??  

Must admit I nodded off in this one.

QuoteMust admit I nodded off in this one.

Yes it was a bit of a dull one

7  eps in..still holding the attention.. only just realised that the Troy bloke is the same actor who played the nasty prison office bloke in the Shawshank Redemption film... Clancy Brown...

Still enjoying it, only thing I don't like is the new title/graphics. Reminds me of coors lite

Ep7... getting a bit silly.. think we have 10 eps in this season so will hang in there...

Ah not sure what to think of the final episode.  I guess it wrapped it all up, was not the end I wanted but probably the most logical one. Appears not to have gone down too well with fans (again)
1992 Sheffield
1994 Worcester, MA
1996 Albany, NY
2002 Pnc NJ, Camden NJ, MSG NYC, Philly PA, Cont
Airlines, NJ
2004 Pnc NJ, Radio City NYC, MEN
2007 Pnc, NJ, Camden, NJ, MSG NYC
2008 Philly, PA, PNC, NJ
2010 Camden, NJ, Allentown, PA, PNC,NJ
2011 MSG, NYC
2013  Atlantic City NJ
2015 Toronto,CA

Oh dear.... another terrible finale....bit of a wasted trip for Batista I feel....