• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

The Emma Raducanu Thread

Started by Slim, September 10, 2021, 21:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteI did say that I didn't want to offend anyone, but when I said proper British, I couldn't think of any other way of putting it.

I can understand that. Sometimes the words which tumble from mind to keyboard to eventual appearance don't always convey accurately what we hoped they originally would. I find texting fraught with ambiguity and I constantly have to check that I've put a message across as I intended. Your posts are usually enjoyably forthright and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy them in future. Knee-jerk decisions are also usually wrong.

September 14, 2021, 10:25:36 AM #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 14:10:23 PM by Matt2112
QuoteI'm just not happy at the way that people can choose what nationality they are these days. Surely you should be what you are born as?
If it went by DNA mate then describing a nationality would take more like a paragraph than a word.  And end with "African" for every single person.

Citizenship is based more on practical considerations rather than origins. 
The keys to happiness

QuoteIf it went by DNA mate then describing a nationality would take more like a paragraph than a word.  And end with "African" for every single person.

Citizenship is based more on practical considerations rather than origins. 
I don't buy this theory that life began in Africa mate. If it did, where did the white man come from?

QuoteI can understand that. Sometimes the words which tumble from mind to keyboard to eventual appearance don't always convey accurately what we hoped they originally would. I find texting fraught with ambiguity and I constantly have to check that I've put a message across as I intended. Your posts are usually enjoyably forthright and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy them in future. Knee-jerk decisions are also usually wrong.

As most people on here who've met me on here will tell you, I'm a nice, thoughtful guy who gets on with most people. Some of my thoughts don't always meet with everybody's agreement though! As I've said many times, I'm dead against the concept of a 'Great Britain', and think that all the home nations should be one on their own.

September 14, 2021, 22:55:53 PM #34 Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 22:57:52 PM by Nïckslïkk2112
QuoteI don't buy this theory that life began in Africa mate. If it did, where did the white man come from?

One word: Evolution.

Although some people think pale skin came from members of the out of Africa exodus mating with Neanderthals who'd already acquired paler skin and red hair* from living in Europe.

*Other people have said this shows that Jockos are Neanderthals :) (Search the internet, you can always find something to back up whatever you believe - thread far enough off track yet?)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

QuoteAs most people on here who've met me on here will tell you, I'm a nice, thoughtful guy who gets on with most people. Some of my thoughts don't always meet with everybody's agreement though! As I've said many times, I'm dead against the concept of a 'Great Britain', and think that all the home nations should be one on their own.

I think your wish will come true sooner rather than later now. Whether it's for the best only time will tell. I'd like to think I might be around long enough to experience the new future of our countries but time's getting on for all us Rush fans. Scotland will go first obviously in the hope of regaining EU membership. I think that would be the most hopeful outcome for my country if the split has to happen. Currency? Anyone's guess. I'm not going to argue or fall out with anyone this time should a referendum come to pass. The last vote caused a lot of bad feeling even within families and that's in a country that has enough stupid division and distrust. I don't have any connection to Wales and don't have a feel for how they see the future. To me geographically it seems to make more sense for them to operate as one with England. As for Northern Ireland, good luck with that one. Maybe they'll get the nuclear submarines and Trident. I nearly put a smiley face after that but you know, stranger things.......and lastly.......you're a dog lover, so that already makes you one of the good guys  ;D 

Evolution does powerful things. Europeans and Scandinavians went pale from the need to ingest more Vitamin D from less abundant sunlight. But that's nothing compared to what happened to the dolphins. They used to be four-legged furry creatures that hunted on land!

And if you go back far enough, we have the same ancestor as the dolphins ourselves.

QuoteI don't buy this theory that life began in Africa mate. If it did, where did the white man come from?

its worth doing a bit of online looking around on this subject if you have the time big man, but the evidence is pretty conclusive about the "cradle of life" or however its referred to these days
The new songs are an abomination