• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteGot my Van der Graaf Generator The Charisma Years box set today :)

Should keep me busy for a day or two.
How's it sounding so far?
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

QuoteHow's it sounding so far?

Very Good :)

Only up to Pawn Hearts so far, certainly not a victim of the loudness wars.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

QuoteI've just learned there's an exhibition on at the National Science and Media Museum (barley 15 minutes drive away from me) ...
In a field of its own then?  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

QuoteI've just learned there's an exhibition on at the National Science and Media Museum (barley 15 minutes drive away from me) called Adventures In Audio which features an interactive section with legendary 80s synths!!!!

And this interesting article from its website about the Oberheim OB-Xa lists a very familiar song example. :)     
Looking forward to the Behringer clone. Might be tempted.

QuoteIn a field of its own then?  ;)

You oat to be ashamed picking up on an obvious typo.

Corrected - no need for any more corny puns. 
The keys to happiness

QuoteCorrected - no need for any more corny puns.
...he said, with a rye smile  :-X

<quickly grabs coat>
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

September 11, 2021, 03:09:49 AM #2512 Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:11:22 AM by Matt2112
Terrific night in my home town.

Manic Street Preachers playing in the wonderful alfresco setting of the Piece Hall - but I didn't attend that because I'm just not that into them.

Instead I was next door - literally, since the venues almost back onto each other - in the Square Chapel arts centre, attending a warm-up gig by Jason Manford. Where you could still clearly hear the bass booms coming through from the Manic Street Preachers' set.

"Two gigs for one!" as Manford said.

The town's bars were buzzing afterward, which was possibly the most satisfying aspect of the whole evening.

We all needed a night like this.

The keys to happiness

QuoteCorrected - no need for any more corny puns.
You mean it's spelt correctly now?

QuoteYou mean it's spelt correctly now?

I don't barleyve it.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Watching today's Tour of Britain on the telly and as the day's breakaway was cycling up a hill on the run in to Edinburgh there was a kid aged about 12/13 riding his race bike up the pavement alongside them - and pulling away from them it must be said. When the riders caught up with him Pascal Eenkhoorn (not Einkorn) gave him his Bidon.

It brought a tear to my glass eye, what a nice gesture, it'll have made that kids day :) Mind, the little Jocko shouldn't have been riding on the footway >:(

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

QuoteSuch a beautiful account of a touching and emotional event, and yet, slightly racist. You never let us down on here. Thank you.😂

Racist?

don't think the sweaties are a separate race. At worst I am being ethnicicist and I doubt that the peoples of that part of Jockoland are genetically distinct from their sassenach neighbours.

People are just too quick to play the race card these days, when all I am trying to do (trying? I'm bloody good at it) is to be offensive - and being offensive is not an offence.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Car passed its MOT, and Maple had her first trim since April.