Author Topic: LOGIN PROBLEMS  (Read 387 times)

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
LOGIN PROBLEMS
« on: October 13, 2017, 15:43:46 PM »
Anyone having to log in twice, as it says incorrect password the first time? Been happening to me for about 2 weeks now?

zoony

• TNMS Member
Re: LOGIN PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:38 PM »
Any ideas on this Stew? Still happening.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 13:06:05 PM »
I tend to have my settings to stay logged in so each time I open the site on my browser I am already signed in.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 22:58:41 PM »
I tend to have my settings to stay logged in so each time I open the site on my browser I am already signed in.

I might start doing that then Keith, as it's still happening.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:16:44 AM »
Other options could be - have you allowed ( maybe without knowing ) Google to save your password then changed it recently? - google could be adding the old one - so you would get that message then have to input your new one.
You could also try clearing your cache down, not sure also if you access on more than one device - ie Phone/Tablet/Computer one could be set to the wrong password maybe and conflicting?

Just a few ideas......I'd certainly try clearing your cache down.

Stewart

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 16:43:47 PM »
@Zoony, it doesn't do it with me, so can't say TBH. Are you on the latest version of your browser?

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 16:57:08 PM »
@Zoony, it doesn't do it with me, so can't say TBH. Are you on the latest version of your browser?

I presume so mate. I don't have a PC or laptop, I just use my phone to access the internet.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 17:00:29 PM »
Other options could be - have you allowed ( maybe without knowing ) Google to save your password then changed it recently? - google could be adding the old one - so you would get that message then have to input your new one.
You could also try clearing your cache down, not sure also if you access on more than one device - ie Phone/Tablet/Computer one could be set to the wrong password maybe and conflicting?

Just a few ideas......I'd certainly try clearing your cache down.

Never save my passwords or ask a site to remember them mate. I only go on the internet using my phone as I don't have a PC any more. How do you empty your cache on a phone then?

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 18:45:43 PM »
Depends what phone you have but if you open Chrome assuming you have an Android phone if you tap on the 3 dots at the top right a drop down menu should appear go to History and click Clear Browsing History - you have an option to check or un-check certain boxes - I would tick all 3 simply to help free some space too - Browsing History, Cookies and Data and Cached images and files then tap clear data.

If you have an Apple Phone then no idea.

As an aside - I have just logged in using a different machine and it worked first time so does look like the issue is your side rather than the site.

Hope this helps.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Depends what phone you have but if you open Chrome assuming you have an Android phone if you tap on the 3 dots at the top right a drop down menu should appear go to History and click Clear Browsing History - you have an option to check or un-check certain boxes - I would tick all 3 simply to help free some space too - Browsing History, Cookies and Data and Cached images and files then tap clear data.

If you have an Apple Phone then no idea.

As an aside - I have just logged in using a different machine and it worked first time so does look like the issue is your side rather than the site.

Hope this helps.

I've got a Samsung galaxy S7 mate. I've just cleared all those things like you suggested and tried logging in again. It's still the bloody same though! 🤔.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »
Oh......not sure what else to suggest mate.... :-\

You could try creating a new password - that would be the final thing I can think may clear it, but you may not want to do that if it's one you've had for a while...

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 17:37:17 PM »
Oh......not sure what else to suggest mate.... :-\

You could try creating a new password - that would be the final thing I can think may clear it, but you may not want to do that if it's one you've had for a while...

Nothing new for me mate. Technology and me don't really mix 😁.