Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 9593 times)

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2017, 16:53:17 PM »
I will probably rewatch it from season 1 at some point

Looking forward to the return of Daredevil, Vikings, Taboo and West World.

I saw only Westworld out of those and was very underwhelmed (see that thread); I'm very much looking forward only to the return of Twin Peaks meself - in only just over a month now!
HYF30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2017, 21:00:35 PM »
It's back.  After a bit of a slump due to far too much weighty exposition season 8 is apparently going to be a rip-roarer.
HYF30

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2017, 00:32:41 AM »
It's back.  After a bit of a slump due to far too much weighty exposition season 8 is apparently going to be a rip-roarer.
After episode 1 I wouldn't be too sure. They should have started to wrap this up a long time ago as there's only so much repeating the same scenario again and again and again you can get away with...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2017, 14:29:12 PM »
After episode 1 I wouldn't be too sure. They should have started to wrap this up a long time ago as there's only so much repeating the same scenario again and again and again you can get away with...

I'm minded to agree there.  Ep 1 (the show's 100th..!!) had a lot of action, but it was mostly tease with no real slam-dunk moments.  If that's the trend for this season I can see much frustration on the way.
HYF30

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2017, 13:57:36 PM »
Dull
The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2017, 22:58:34 PM »
Ep 3

Losing interest by the week. It's all padding now until a face-off (assuming it happens) that promises to be an anti-climax because pretty much all the tension has been drained.

I'll keep watching if only because I've come so far.  This needs to be the last and final season though.
HYF30

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2017, 14:44:33 PM »
Surprised there is anybody left still watching this.

Perhaps the producers were a little too tied to the graphic novel upon which the show is based and the runaway success of the show may have taken the studio by surprise, but for me, all the intersting  characters left long ago (with one or two exceptions)...as for riveting story arcs....they we're used up by the 5th season; p[/size]erhaps they would have been better to deviate a little more and[/size] retain the stronger characters for longer.
[/size]
[/size]There is only so much mileage you can get out of a genre that has already been done to death over so many years. Should have condensed the current major storyline to one season, moved on to the final denouement and quit on a high imho.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2017, 20:03:31 PM »
Ep 3

Losing interest by the week. It's all padding now until a face-off (assuming it happens) that promises to be an anti-climax because pretty much all the tension has been drained.

I'll keep watching if only because I've come so far.  This needs to be the last and final season though.

Err.....nope!😒

Executive producer David Alpert said in 2014 that the original comics have given them enough ideas for Rick Grimes and company over the next seven years. "I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:39:49 AM by Bisto »
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2017, 22:44:21 PM »
Err.....nope!😒

FutureExecutive producer David Alpert said in 2014 that the original comics have given them enough ideas for Rick Grimes and company over the next seven years. "I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be] "

Well...eff that for a game of soldiers. :-\
HYF30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »
Pffft...the stuff with the tiger was stupid.  All the ideas ran out two or three seasons ago.
HYF30

Analog RH

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • Hail Satan!
    • andrewfield.net
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »
Pffft...the stuff with the tiger was stupid.  All the ideas ran out two or three seasons ago.

The viewing public is voting with their off switches: TWD's lowest viewing figures in the US for 5 years: 8.5m. Compare that with the 17.5m who watched the Season 7 premiere.

I actually enjoyed the Ezekiel episode, for the character development (he's not smiling any more, is he?). What we need though is a blast of Negan, because the screen always lights up when Jeffrey Dean Morgan is on it.

But yeah, I suspect the glory days are in the past. I'll keep watching, for the same reason as you: I've watched all 7 seasons this year so the OCD in me doesn't want to stop now.  ;D

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2017, 21:42:08 PM »
[size=78%]What we need though is a blast of Negan, because the screen always lights up when Jeffrey Dean Morgan is on it.[/size]

Absolutely.  Hopefully there'll be a lot more of him. It's actually got to the point where you want him to "win"; Morgan appears to be in on a joke he's sharing with the audience and is giving it the full panto villain.
HYF30