Author Topic: Question Time / This Week #4  (Read 2325 times)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Question Time / This Week #4
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2017, 23:39:38 PM »
British ISIS fighters - should we let them back in? Honestly don't know.

Owen Smith has contradicted himself on this already, but his point about statehood is reasonable. But I can't make out of he's really being thick in misinterpreting Gavin Williamson's remark about killing them, or merely dishonest in the usual Labour fashion.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2017, 23:48:20 PM »
Oh a ripple of applause from the mouth breathers in the audience when it's suggested that Corbyn could be in charge in a few years! All looking forward to those happy days when they'll have to apply to the GPO to rent a phone, subsidise overmanned, grossly nationalised industries and experience the unions with a government in their pocket holding the country to ransom every few weeks. Lovely, lovely times.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
Started watching on BBC Player, fell asleep after 20 minutes.  Thanks for the commentary, James.

Barnsley next week, which I've applied for.  Will I get in?  Will I stay awake? The suspense...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:29:09 AM by Matt2112 »
HYFTOUR30

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 22:45:11 PM »
I actually cannot face it tonight.  I simply cannot face watching people exercise their two-faced contempt for democracy with a straight face.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2017, 08:57:40 AM »
Thought it was a corker; liveliest one for ages:

Isabel Oakeshott viciously laying into Nicky Morgan right from the outset; a rousing, impassioned, brilliantly articulated rant from a hard Brexiter in the audience with a Geoffrey Boycott accent that prompted a near standing ovation; a heated mini-debate erupting between audience members over housing...even Dimbleby was on great form and handled things impeccably.

Well done Barnsley, shame I wasn't invited myself... :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:59:47 AM by Matt2112 »
HYFTOUR30

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 09:42:43 AM »
Thought it was a corker; liveliest one for ages:

Isabel Oakeshott viciously laying into Nicky Morgan right from the outset; a rousing, impassioned, brilliantly articulated rant from a hard Brexiter in the audience with a Geoffrey Boycott accent that prompted a near standing ovation; a heated mini-debate erupting between audience members over housing...even Dimbleby was on great form and handled things impeccably.

Well done Barnsley, shame I wasn't invited myself... :)

Sounds horrible !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 14:33:21 PM »

Sounds horrible !
Sounds fantastic - will watch on catch up

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 15:32:50 PM »
I voted Remain (on balance) but I thought the exchanges were stirring and thoroughly entertaining  nonetheless.  Good to see people engaging.  :)
HYFTOUR30

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 15:48:13 PM »
Deary me. Isabel Oakeshott stirring up all the Daily Hail bile she could muster, most of which were complete lies. Glad that the MPs on the panel and Lord Robert Winston spoke with clarity and an informed response - forgetting, of course, that nobody likes experts these days.

Most of the Brexit argument was an utter shambles without listening to reason (much like the referendum itself), although I was quite shocked that there was a leave voter in the audience that actually understood the complexities of Brexit, and we can't just leave.

Dimbleby cutting off Rebecca Long-Bailey whenever she mentioned anything to do with funding cuts.

Glad it's done with for this year. I do enjoy QT, but I don't think there's anything else that sends me that quickly into a rage coma
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »
Deary me. Isabel Oakeshott stirring up all the Daily Hail bile she could muster, most of which were complete lies.

What are a few examples of these supposed "lies"?

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 14:29:11 PM »
What are a few examples of these supposed "lies"?
Any statement not agreeable to those on the left has to be a lie!

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 15:18:17 PM »
The trouble with the left at the moment is that they believe the crass dishonesty coming from the nutters in charge of the Labour Party at the moment, then they circulate it ad nauseam in their social media bubble like chimpanzees recycling their own flatulence.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 15:48:44 PM »
The trouble with the left at the moment is that they believe the crass dishonesty coming from the nutters in charge of the Labour Party at the moment, then they circulate it ad nauseam in their social media bubble like chimpanzees recycling their own flatulence.

That sounds like Politics in general today, certainly not the preserve of the left.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 16:00:10 PM »
;D ;D

Slim

• TNMS Member
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
That sounds like Politics in general today, certainly not the preserve of the left.

Certainly, some of the fringe groups on the right do circulate nonsense in a similar fashion. The loons in the Mogg fan clubs for example, and the more extreme Brexit social media groups. But these are a long way removed from the Conservative Party mainstream.

But the Labour Party itself has industrialised social media dishonesty. It really has taken full advantage of the naivety of its voters and potential supporters.

The £500m blue passport cost claim is a recent classic. Tweeted around many thousands of times.