Author Topic: Amazon Prime  (Read 504 times)

Fishy

• TNMS Member
Amazon Prime
« on: November 25, 2016, 13:07:27 PM »
anybody using it..is it worth the £79 ?  the next day delivery is quite appealing but I'm struggling to justify shelling out that amount of money
From the Land of Honest Men.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Re: Amazon Prime
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 13:25:54 PM »
If you order a lot from them and want in quickly then it's probably worth it, although I've not really researched their TV/movie content apart from knowing they are doing Grand Tour. Most if not all their Prime TV/Movie content is available via *cough* "other sources" so for me it's not worth it as I don't buy enough from them and can generally wait a couple of days for stuff to arrive. Also if you're buying from Third Party Sellers there is no advantage so you need to double check the source before you buy.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 14:26:20 PM »
Be careful accessing the Amazon Prime app on a smart TV - I was considering paying the £79.00 annual cost, which was selected by default, and inadvertently clicked "OK" on my remote...and there was no "Are You Sure?" prompt to fall back on.  ::)

It's a bit sneaky like that - if you're looking at a fairly recent cinema release, which could cost up to £13.99 - it auto-selects the buy option so you have to ensure you browse away from it; on some remotes like mine the browser arrows are part of the "OK" button, if you see what I mean...so one false move and you've purchased it in the blink of an eye.  :-\

Still, we get our use out of it and it works out at decent value per month.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 14:29:05 PM by Matt2112 »
HYF30

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 14:34:14 PM »
I buy shit loads on Amazon and I want it next day so for me it's great value - throw in Amazon Video and it becomes even better, an absolute no brainer. :D
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 14:56:31 PM »
I buy shitloads from Amazon too, so I have prime...

Although I only paid £49 for it as they had a deal on last week  ;D . And I made my company pay for it  ;D
Anger is a gift.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 15:45:38 PM »
Almost did it last week but missed the £49 offer. Managed to view TGT elsewhere , the quick delivery would be nice. Problem is Sky+Spotify+Netflix and suddenly it's a fair bit of cash each month.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 08:25:34 AM »
After getting my new TV I decided to go for this to get the TV/Film Content and experience their 4K offerings - the added bonus of free deliveries is not bad and my wife can link into the deal and get stuff for her Kindle and benefit from the free delivery on her account too - so overall for approx £6.60 a month over the year it's not bad value. Pity I missed the £49 a year deal!

Have to say The Grand Tour is going downhill though..... :-\

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Got to say now we have Now TV and, um, access to Netflix, Amazon Prime is being used less and less frequently.  :-\
HYF30

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 13:04:20 PM »
anybody using it..is it worth the £79 ?  the next day delivery is quite appealing but I'm struggling to justify shelling out that amount of money

I've had it for quite a while, it's worth it for the free / quick deliveries for me because I buy a lot from Amazon. But the video is nice to have as well and I've used that a bit. We have a Fire Stick.

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 17:32:39 PM »
Ah. Just reading through this topic reminds me that I haven't seen this week's Lucifer yet.

I've just finished watching the superb American Gods , another Amazon original. Looking forward to series 2 hopefully next year.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide