Author Topic: Brexit watch  (Read 33299 times)

döm

• TNMS Member
Re: Brexit watch
« Reply #1515 on: December 14, 2017, 00:30:09 AM »
Ditch May. Bring in the Mogg Man. He'll see it through :)

Is there anybody out there on the Remain side who can prove that belonging to an organisation set up by the ECSC with the ultimate aims of a Federal Europe is actually in the best interests of the peoples of continental Europe?
Come on, bring out the proof.

I think the UK, should it ever manage to Brexit, will bring all the proid necessary over the next 10 to 20 years
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1516 on: December 14, 2017, 07:18:09 AM »

I think the UK, should it ever manage to Brexit, will bring all the proid necessary over the next 10 to 20 years
It's looking unlikely that Brexit will happen. Overwhelmingly the parliamentarians are against it. I hope not but it's likely that some form of 'half-in, half-out' will be the outcome. If that is the case, I can see no way it could ever grant the UK control over its borders, laws or money. In other words, an almighty fudge but more importantly an acknowledgement that the will of the majority counts for nought.

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1517 on: December 14, 2017, 13:09:45 PM »
It's looking unlikely that Brexit will happen. Overwhelmingly the parliamentarians are against it. I hope not but it's likely that some form of 'half-in, half-out' will be the outcome. If that is the case, I can see no way it could ever grant the UK control over its borders, laws or money. In other words, an almighty fudge but more importantly an acknowledgement that the will of the majority counts for nought.

Well hopefully, we'll have another referendum, when the population will be much more informed of what Brexit means and what it will mean.

For the last one there was so much misdirection and misinformation (on both sides) that it should never have counted anyway

If one was to be carried out now or in the next 12 - 18 months everyone would be so much more aware

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1518 on: December 14, 2017, 14:04:10 PM »

Well hopefully, we'll have another referendum, when the population will be much more informed of what Brexit means and what it will mean.

For the last one there was so much misdirection and misinformation (on both sides) that it should never have counted anyway

If one was to be carried out now or in the next 12 - 18 months everyone would be so much more aware
Well, that is the usual way in which the EU get their own way. The question is, would you and the rest of the Remoaners be any more willing to accept the result if you lost again?
What makes you so sure that any new referendum will not be characterised by copious amounts of bullshit anyway?

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #1519 on: December 14, 2017, 15:38:13 PM »
Well, that is the usual way in which the EU get their own way. The question is, would you and the rest of the Remoaners be any more willing to accept the result if you lost again?
What makes you so sure that any new referendum will not be characterised by copious amounts of bullshit anyway?

I'd be more than happy for a second referendum to be fully binding, especially now we have a true(r) picture of the consequences / costs / impact / ramifications....(delete as appropriate)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1520 on: December 14, 2017, 15:47:27 PM »
ng
I imagine we'd never stop moaning if Brexshit happened.  There'd always be something to complain about. Look at Nigel Farage, he's close to retirement and made a whole career out of it in reverse. But as Bez says the closer to implementation the truer the picture, so the bullshit would have to be lessened and any out there would be easier to see through

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1521 on: December 14, 2017, 20:02:19 PM »
I'd be more than happy for a second referendum to be fully binding, especially now we have a true(r) picture of the consequences / costs / impact / ramifications....(delete as appropriate)
But then it's beholden on the Remain side to give us a true picture of the consequences / costs / impact / ramifications....(delete as appropriate) of a Federal Europe. That's the end game and it just isn't Cricket....

It certainly won't be a land of milk and honey populated by decent idealistic politicians with the interests of the greater European populace in their hearts. Will it Juncker?
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1522 on: December 14, 2017, 20:05:23 PM »

Proid?

I'll make the assumption that I'm not the world's worst one-fingered typist...
Legend in my own Mind

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1523 on: December 14, 2017, 20:21:26 PM »
Proid?

I'll make the assumption that I'm not the world's worst one-fingered typist...

Lord knows. Was meant to be proof. Your assumption could be right ! My eyesight isn't what it was either

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1524 on: December 15, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »
But then it's beholden on the Remain side to give us a true picture of the consequences / costs / impact / ramifications....(delete as appropriate) of a Federal Europe. That's the end game and it just isn't Cricket....

It certainly won't be a land of milk and honey populated by decent idealistic politicians with the interests of the greater European populace in their hearts. Will it Juncker?

Agreed, but we would at least have a better idea than we had pre-referendum.

We all know now that there's no extra money for the NHS for example

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1525 on: December 15, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
Agreed, but we would at least have a better idea than we had pre-referendum.

We all know now that there's no extra money for the NHS for example
We've not stopped giving it to the parasites in Brussels yet. I distinctly heard our PM state in a speech last week that we would have more money to spend on the NHS. So you can rest assured it will come to pass  ;)

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1526 on: December 15, 2017, 13:48:24 PM »
We've not stopped giving it to the parasites in Brussels yet. I distinctly heard our PM state in a speech last week that we would have more money to spend on the NHS. So you can rest assured it will come to pass  ;)

I'm comforted....

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1527 on: December 15, 2017, 14:10:52 PM »

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #1528 on: January 03, 2018, 18:23:49 PM »
Liam Fox says UK considering option of joining Pacific trade group.....https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/03/liam-fox-says-uk-considering-option-of-joining-pacific-trade-group

Just what the feck..
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1529 on: January 03, 2018, 23:19:49 PM »
Liam Fox says UK considering option of joining Pacific trade group.....https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/03/liam-fox-says-uk-considering-option-of-joining-pacific-trade-group

Just what the feck..
"While you're here, we have a small favour to ask..........please help prevent us going out of business"  ;D