Author Topic: The Company Watchdog Thread  (Read 9209 times)

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
Re: The Company Watchdog Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
Update:

With the ombudsman's final decision imminent, I have in the meantime had to separately submit two further complaints to Scottish Power: one for my Electricity account, as they still haven't refunded my remaining credit balance some 9 weeks after their deadline; and one for my gas account, as they are still taking "debt" payments despite my account being comfortably in credit.

The good news is that the switching process for the gas account is finally underway and I should be unburdened of their utterly appalling, contemptible so-called "service" by about this time next week.       
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »
The saga continues.

Long story short (again): the ombudsman found in my favour (again) and Scottish Shower had a deadline of last Friday to implement four binding "remedies"; however, surprise surprise, they've failed to implement two of them - ombudsman informed, so we'll see what happens next.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out the endless list of one star reviews and ranting complaints about these cowboys on Trustpilot; here's what I posted on that site yesterday: 

The endless list of one star reviews is of absolutely no surprise to me. I’ve taken Scottish Shower to the ombudsman twice and they’ve been penalised on both occasions for their incomprehensibly appalling customer service and gross mismanagement of my account, both of which were at a level of ineptitude I simply did not believe was humanly possible.

Please do your blood pressure and your sanity a massive favour and avoid these utterly shameless, customer-despising cowboys at all costs because, trust me, they will make your life a living hell for months on end; I strongly urge everyone to wash their hands of them - they’re the E.coli of electricity suppliers.
HYFTOUR30

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2018, 13:13:11 PM »
Scottish Power are a fecking disgrace.  They can't do anything correctly.

Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2018, 13:02:06 PM »
Spoke with the Glasgow Sheriff Court this morning.  My case is being booked and I have paid the fee.

So let's see where Scottish Power's procrastinations, obfuscations, misrepresentations, gross ineptitude and contempt for their customer gets them now.  The f#cks.  ::) 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 20:09:40 PM by Matt2112 »
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2018, 14:13:17 PM »
I'm as frustrated with the ombudsman as I am with AXA PPP who my complaint is with. After over six months I was delighted to find that the ombudsman was minded to uphold my complaint in her provisional decision. I was continually fobbed off by an investigator before I insisted that a (proper?) ombudsman looked at the case. The time wasted has now put me in a difficult position with regard to cancelling my existing cover through my company scheme which has to be done by 6pm today or I am into another 12 month contract which might cause issues. Meanwhile the 'final' decision sits on the ombudsman's desk while she enjoys a holiday. Shambles  >:(

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2018, 23:02:12 PM »
Right, Me vs. Scottish Power is officially a case.

So, of course, it would be unwise to make any further comment until it’s over.

Because, by doing so, I wouldn’t want to prejudice the case. 

So, while the case is ongoing, I also definitely wouldn’t want to, let’s say, send them an obfuscatory, silver-tongued email asking them to submit evidence directly to me, thereby completely bypassing the courts.

Because that would be a very bizarre, cynical and imbecilic thing to do, wouldn’t it?  ::) ::) ::)
HYFTOUR30

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2018, 19:48:52 PM »
Right, Me vs. Scottish Power is officially a case.

So, of course, it would be unwise to make any further comment until it’s over.

It’s over.

I WON.  :D

More to follow...  :)
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2018, 13:10:52 PM »
The Financial Services Ombudsman has arrived at their final decision in my complaint against AXA PPP. Despite upholding my complaint, in part, the prescribed course of action would potentially leave me hundreds of pounds worse off (it's complicated!). For that reason, I have not accepted their decision and, presumably, that will be the end of the best part of eighteen month's worth of wrangling. Had they dealt with it in a timely fashion rather than trying to convince me I hadn't a case, they may have been more use than a chocolate teapot >:(