Author Topic: Annoyance of the Day - 69  (Read 60369 times)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Annoyance of the Day - 69
« Reply #1575 on: November 30, 2017, 18:44:23 PM »
touche  ;D

No. I had more than a grain of truth on my side, whereas Richard's contribution was mindless and unfounded retaliation. Untouched.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #1576 on: November 30, 2017, 18:44:57 PM »
Trump. Same as yesterday.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1577 on: November 30, 2017, 19:13:55 PM »
A "two-carder" at the cashpoint. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

One of my top everyday betes noires, along with petrol pump procrastinators and "So..." merchants.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:59:23 AM by Matt2112 »
HYFTOUR30

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1578 on: December 01, 2017, 18:34:56 PM »
Just bought a new copy of Hotel California as my existing copy is pretty noisy and I'll be featuring it on my next 'Classic Vinyl@The Plough' on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting a stellar issue, sound wise, for £16.99 but it is considerably quieter than the one I have. Unfortunately it has a significant pressing fault in the form of a 'bubble' on one track probably caused by a lack of care at the pressing plant - thunk.......thunk.......thunk.......thunk. Noticed it before I'd removed it from the inner sleeve. Unplayable.
Back to the shop tomorrow  >:(

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1579 on: December 03, 2017, 17:16:21 PM »
Mice!
Went to the Garage to get my chain cleaner and lube for the bike to find that mice have been in and shredded the foam pads in the cleaner and nibbled a hole in the lube bottle so that's all over the garage floor. Luckily it was the dry lube and they'd left the wet lube bottle alone - apart from secreting the top of the bottle somewhere. Hopefully the pesky critters will all have been poisoned!
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1580 on: December 03, 2017, 22:00:39 PM »
Just bought a new copy of Hotel California as my existing copy is pretty noisy and I'll be featuring it on my next 'Classic Vinyl@The Plough' on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting a stellar issue, sound wise, for £16.99 but it is considerably quieter than the one I have. Unfortunately it has a significant pressing fault in the form of a 'bubble' on one track probably caused by a lack of care at the pressing plant - thunk.......thunk.......thunk.......thunk. Noticed it before I'd removed it from the inner sleeve. Unplayable.
Back to the shop tomorrow  >:(
Refunded as I had the last copy. Collected a replacement from Amazon locker today - great copy, no sign of previous pressing flaw. Happy bunny. Shame I was unable to support my local independent store though.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #1581 on: December 06, 2017, 13:12:37 PM »
Pubs and Clubs that allow these guys to stand in the Gents toilets trying to give you soap and scent to wash your hands and paper towels to dry them all for a tip - here's a tip, I am perfectly capable of washing and drying my own hands there is no need for you to be here........Dingwalls in Camden last night - a rock gig - no need!!!

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #1582 on: December 06, 2017, 14:16:10 PM »
Pubs and Clubs that allow these guys to stand in the Gents toilets trying to give you soap and scent to wash your hands and paper towels to dry them all for a tip - here's a tip, I am perfectly capable of washing and drying my own hands there is no need for you to be here........Dingwalls in Camden last night - a rock gig - no need!!!

They've been in Dingwalls for years....always gives me "stage fright"  ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1583 on: December 08, 2017, 16:19:21 PM »
Pious fool Justin Welby showing his execrable anti-secularist true colours in the HoL today. 

Long past time the 26 unelected professional faith-peddling old bigots were placed in a safe space well away from the machinations of the State.  As it stands the only other the country to have a similar arrangement where clerics sit in such positions of power simply because they're clerics is Iran.

Embarrassing.
HYFTOUR30

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #1584 on: December 10, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
Masses of fecking snow everywhere. Supposed to be on nights later as well. Will have to look at conditions nearer the time and decide if it's safe enough to try and get there.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1585 on: December 10, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »
Barely any snow >:(

Got about 10mm not forecasted 10cm
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #1586 on: December 12, 2017, 02:34:45 AM »
Barely any snow >:(

Got about 10mm not forecasted 10cm

We got forecast 10-20cm, and had a good 9 inches of the bastard stuff.

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #1587 on: December 15, 2017, 19:12:13 PM »

This!! Fer fuxxake!!! Just do one...so I can do one in peace!!🖕 >:( 🖕
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1588 on: December 17, 2017, 01:25:49 AM »
Proper balls-up at Leeds Academy for Extreme/Dan Reed Network tonight.

Still a massive, glacially slow queue outside - in freezing cold - when DRN started so mickpaz and his mate and I missed the large majority of their set.

I’ve never seen such a shambolic operation at the venue, it’s usually smooth as clockwork.  Really took the shine off the evening. ☹️
HYFTOUR30

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1589 on: December 19, 2017, 21:48:28 PM »
Went in Thor's Tipi in Sheffield today on our works' Xmas do for a quick flagon of ale, and there's only me rubbed down with baby oil, wearing a furry nappy and waving an inflatable Mjolnir in the place!
Legend in my own Mind