• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Squid Game

Started by Slim, October 13, 2021, 23:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love the concept of the show, and really wish I was fluent in Korean, I imagine a load gets lost in translation
The new songs are an abomination

Don't get into debt folks.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Two episodes in now; the second is slower and mostly expositionary. But that's fine. Nicely paced.

I've started this, finally - watched the first two episodes, which doesn't count as a "binge", but I can see it happening over the next seven.

Its allegorical overtones remind me of The Platform, another foreign language Netflix hit with strong horror elements, albeit that's a 90-minute feature film.

The keys to happiness

QuoteI've started this, finally - watched the first two episodes, which doesn't count as a "binge", but I can see it happening over the next seven.

Its allegorical overtones remind me of The Platform, another foreign language Netflix hit with strong horror elements, albeit that's a 90-minute feature film.

Good call that. The Platform (El hoyo)  is a great, thought-provoking movie.

Three down now, and I think what this is, is trash television.

In the best possible way. Absolutely love it and actually I find that the US English voice dubbing adds to the charm; there's a sort of corny naivety about it sometimes that enhances the '70s exploitation movie schtick. Very dark comedy and the 'Fly Me To The Moon' sequence in the first was just inspired. I'm three episodes in, will revisit this thread once I've got through all nine.

Done 8 of 9 now.

All l'll say at this juncture is what I like most - by far - is the production design.  It's fantastic, almost Kubrickian.  Deserves an Emmy, or whatever these sort of shows get. 
The keys to happiness

Done.

Two thumbs up from me.  Just waiting to see all the t-shirts and tracksuits on Halloween now.
The keys to happiness