• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Ohio state marching band tribute to Rush

Started by Nick, October 09, 2021, 22:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genuinely brilliant!
The new songs are an abomination

Class!
Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

That was stunning. The organisation and planning that went into that! 6 conductors!
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

Extraordinary. I suppose those marching routines must be created by a computer, these days.

However they do it, computer or whip cracker, it is amazing. The vast majority of the musicians playing wouldnt be Rush fans or know the songs too well, so to remember the steps as well is ridiculous.

The curious in me thinks there must be steps/instructions either written down or conveyed to them somehow electronically

I love how separate lines of dozens of marchers cross each other apparently without the them faltering or missing a step.

Pretty mind-boggling stuff.
The keys to happiness

Yes, a very impress sight indeed, especially when playing instruments at the same time. 

Does it exist as a thing in the U.K? I don't think so. Brass band march through town or the local majorettes is as close as we get.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Not marching bands like the US ones, but we certainly do have continuity drill. E.g. The Queens Colour Squadron (QCS), who are RAF Regiment. There is no magic, electronics, notes or commands involved in any of this, it's just rehearsal and timing.

QuoteThe vast majority of the musicians playing wouldnt be Rush fans or know the songs too well, 
Why not?

because they will be university/college aged young people, the vast majority of who wont be Rush fans. Thats just a fact of life

They may like the songs now they have heard them a few hundred times of course

Quotebecause they will be university/college aged young people, the vast majority of who wont be Rush fans. Thats just a fact of life

Never underestimate the magnetism of RUSH...