• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteSteve Hackett - Surrender of Silence
What do you think Ali? I've yet to play it.

Sacred Reich-Still Ignorant (Live)

Quality chunky thrash and hardcore, these guys should have had more success than they did
The new songs are an abomination

QuoteWhat do you think Ali? I've yet to play it.

Only one listen so far and not too bad at all, definitely a bit heavier in parts as is widely reported

I'm definitely more likely to listen to it more regularly than his last 3-4 albums 😉
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Two self-titled albums:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer -  Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Camel - Camel

Bent Knee - Shiny Eyed Babies   (a great album this one)
Wobbler - Dwellers of the Deep
Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair

Yes - the Quest

Primus - Suck On This
I had forgotten they start with the YYZ riff
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Pearl Jam - Gigaton

Not listened to this since first lockdown last year.  Remember thinking it was their best since 1996.  Listening to it now confirms that for me.  Fantastic record.  Can't wait to see them next year at Hyde park..hopefully third time lucky there..
Anger is a gift.

Genesis - Three Sides Live

Nektar - Remember the Future
Transatlantic - SMPT:e

QuoteGenesis - Three Sides Live
I've just listened to Seconds Out.  Probably my favourite live recording by any band
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

QuoteI've just listened to Seconds Out.  Probably my favourite live recording by any band

I love how they kick off proceedings with Squonk, as if they quietly slid into the stage and gently turn up the music.
Arrogance Is Bliss

Van Halen'
'Van Halen II'
'Women and Children First'
'Fair Warning'
'Diver Down' 
'1984'
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

QuoteI love how they kick off proceedings with Squonk, as if they quietly slid into the stage and gently turn up the music
Absolutely! Supper's Ready is amazing. Phil's vocal on that is better than Peter's on the studio version. Then the final side. Musical nirvana!
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

Judas Priest-Reflections 50 Heavy Metal Years etc etc

Didnt buy it as such, just d/l on spotify. Not quite sure why they released this, other than to tie in with their tour I guess.

couple of nice choices though, Let us Prey/Call for the priest was always a favourite of mine, Bloodstone, and the mighty Sinner.

Quite nice not to hear LAM or BTL for a change
The new songs are an abomination