• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteIt may be coming to an end and it may have made it's point but I doubt very much that he or the players see it as a mistake.

Well I'm charitable enough at least to hope you're wrong about that. What a sad indictment if he doesn't get it by now.

Well, those lumpen mediocrities in England shirts on Sunday have obscured the loss of a true great of English Soccer: Ernie Moss.
Died aged 71 of Pick's disease :( Time for a chorus of

ERNIE MOSS, ERNIE MOSS
ERNIE, ERNIE MOSS
HE GETS THE BALL
HE DOES FECK ALL*
ERNIE, ERNIE MOSS

* or, HE'S BOUND TO SCORE (YMMV)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

July 16, 2021, 20:27:36 PM #1337 Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 20:46:33 PM by DavidL
Turns out the graffiti on the Rashford mural was not racist after all:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57852315

And......

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/15/majority-of-racist-abuse-targeting-england-players-from-outside-uk-14935080/

Rather than the racists having a field day, it's beginning to look like it could have been carpe diem for the race-baiters

Flicked Over to the England match last night, and then realised that it was all women officials. Had to turn it over. Nothing against woman officials participating in the woman's game, but I don't want to see them trying to ref a men's match.

QuoteFlicked Over to the England match last night, and then realised that it was all women officials. Had to turn it over. Nothing against woman officials participating in the woman's game, but I don't want to see them trying to ref a men's match.
Seriously!? That stopped you watching? That is nonsensical.
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

As long as they can do the job, why not? I would have thought women were inherently disadvantaged in that role though, given that they need to run around.

QuoteFlicked Over to the England match last night, and then realised that it was all women officials. Had to turn it over. Nothing against woman officials participating in the woman's game, but I don't want to see them trying to ref a men's match.

They're no better or worse than male officials in my experience of watching many, many "elite" men's games first hand.  They always say you don't notice a good referee, and even the fact some of them are female is, in and of itself, barely commented upon nowadays on the terraces.

The keys to happiness

If they are competent at the job and have the requisite level of physical fitness why the hell not?

Mike Dean is 52. Surely a physically fit 30 - 40 year old woman can keep up with his level of running around?
"Who would have thought that the ending of freedom of movement of goods and people would lead to shortages in goods and people"

Head scratcher!

QuoteIf they are competent at the job and have the requisite level of physical fitness why the hell not?

Mike Dean is 52. Surely a physically fit 30 - 40 year old woman can keep up with his level of running around?
As I said, no problem with them referring women's matches, but don't mix the 2 together.

Quote from: zoony on October 11, 2021, 21:44:20 PMAs I said, no problem with them referring women's matches, but don't mix the 2 together.

Why not? Men have been referring women's matches for years.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

https://youtu.be/Tv0ueEI4OBQ

^ Haha, very good Anna. I've got no problem with women officiating men's football matches; what's the big deal anyway?

Quote^ Haha, very good Anna. I've got no problem with women officiating men's football matches; what's the big deal anyway?
Where's the bloke?  The one in black who blows the whistle.  Go and get him and make us  a cup of tea!

Head scratcher!

QuoteWhy not? Men have been referring women's matches for years.
Because that's always how it was.

QuoteBecause that's always how it was.

So was two points for a win and 'keepers legally picking up back-passes mate, until it wasn't. :) 
The keys to happiness